New to wearing diapers to stop bed wetting

Archives1

Staff member
Hello - 51 male - new to wearing diapers to stop bed wetting. I’m currently seeing a urologist to determine what’s causing the issue for an OAB and he suggested I wear a diaper to prevent bed wetting. Right now he’s having me try a second set of pills to see if they work. Anyway I 1st bought depend pull ups - big mistake. Leaks does not hold my volume etc… I now wear comfi dry 24/7 plastic back diapers with tabs. Bulky but holds my urination through the night for the most part. Most of the mornings they are completely full - so I must go throughout the night. Some occasions they leak - I do use pads for the bed but sometimes move - I also have a water proof fitted sheet. Question is has anyone tried other plastic back diapers with tabs that don’t leak? I’m to the point of trying different diaper brands if I’m in this for the long haul in case pills don’t work - my next urologist appointment is in 6 weeks

I use Betterdrys regularly but also like the Northshore Supreme and Northshore lite Supreme. Its been some years since I've used the 24/7's but you may want to try those. Northshore is also great at sending samples if you would like to try them out before committing.

Try Northshore mega max. Or some of the more printed ones for the diaper lover crowd and or adult babies etc.

Confidry though I would say are pretty good diapers from my perspective.

Cheers

Jason

My favorite brand is Abena. I have worn their abri flex level 4 (only comes with tabs) and they have gotten me through the night. During the day I use their pull-ups level 3 as I have sudden and significant wetting. I always look to see how many ounces each product will hold. The ounce information is frequently hard to find, so I look on a variety of types of sites. The level 4 holds about 90 ounces and the level 3 about 70. I frequently use booster pads which you can put inside the diaper to absorb more.

I echo the suggestion of the Northshore MegaMax. It’s the only diaper I wear these days. Both day and night. I rotate between the tie dye and black.

One more vote for the MegaMax, with the caveat that each person is different. You may also want to try plastic pants over your diaper.

Nothing changed in my life style - I was wetting a little bit about a year ago and it started to gradually get worse especially at night - I hid it from my girlfriend till one night early on she woke up just as I was putting a diaper on for bed. The look on her face I was embarrassed. I explained to her my situation and she was more upset for me not telling her than actually having to wear a diaper to bed. She was the one who recommended to see a urologist in case it was medically related to a disease or something. One of my test (forget the name) stated I was at a 2.4 for something that has to to with peeing - doc said it was a little abnormal for my age - so this is where I’m at

Northshore megamax has been a great product for myself. I get them, plus the booster pads they have. In general I can get thru a 12 hr period with them no issue. They should help you out greatly with just the time needed to sleep.

I use a roughly $50 waterproof mattress pad I got a Target (probably can get similar at other stores). I wonder how many times I can wash it and still depend on it? Any experience there?

Hello - for now I’m just using a fitted waterproof sheet and pads on top of it - problem is the pad moves when I move so in the mornings it’s sometimes not under my mid section and my diaper leaked - not as bad as to having to wash all the sheets

The pads are like diaper changing pads - they are plastic backed with absorbing material on the other side I ordered the largest size - if they get to messy I just toss them in the trash - so far I’ve only ordered my diapers and pads from XP medical that’s why I’m inquiring about other products / sites to control my incontinence - thanks for everybody’s feedback - talking with others with the same condition makes it easier

Thank you Chad. My health is otherwise awesome - but, what an odd problem to have. And, my lady is an ICU nurse and not concerned. I count my Blessings!

My GF works as a pediatrician assistant so anything medical she’s on top of it - was embarrassed at 1st but talking to others with the same issues helps - was wondering if pills helped for others on here or I’m i diaper bound - 1st free sample pills myrbetriq for 9 weeks did not work - urologist now has me taking gemtsa (vibegron)1st morning full diaper when my alarm went off for work

I don't know if it will work for you or not, but don't give up hope. If doctors are prescribing it, it must work for some people. And if not, there are a lot of us out there. We don't advertise it, but it is more common than you think.

Thanks for the support- when I read up on the 2nd set of pills the web states they are in beta 3 stage - basically urologist got free samples and I’m the genie pig - not sure how long I will stay with this doc if these don’t work - my co pay is $50 a visit and adding up

Chad: You are using a great diaper but almost no diaper will instantly contain a full void, especially if you are a side sleeper. What works for me is adding a folded cotton pad inside of my nighttime diaper. I use Walmart Mainstays "Flour Sack Towels" (10 for $9) folded into a 12 layer pad but almost any cotton or microfiber cloth would work. The pad will absorb liquid much faster than any diaper and then slowly distribute it to the diaper. You may have to experiment a bit with how you position the pad in your diaper but I've found this to work very well for me. I do add a PUL diaper cover over everything just for extra protection but it's very rarely ever been needed.

Hello thanks for the tip - I just recently ordered plastic protected shorts to go over my diaper at night - should get them by next week- I’m trying to avoid having to wash anything or store cloths with pee on them till it’s worth wild to wash

Chad