New to this

Archives1

Staff member
Hi just joined . Im a 50 yr old male decently diagnosed with ptsd.recently ive started bed wetting on a frequent basis. Im v embarrassed and ashamed of this and have not gone to my gp became of this embarrassment

I have also recently started wetting the bed everynight due to anxiety. I have to wear an adult nappy and I wake up soaked every morning- I tried getting up in the night to go the toilet but am normally already wet and am still wet in the morning.

Your not alone - I accepted wearing diapers to bed for protection- I’m not much older than you - I hope you are doing the same to avoid wet sheets - OAB pills did not work for me - I accepted the fact that my body is changing with age and fortunately there are adult products out there to assist with this new situation- don’t let it control you life or frustrate you

Chad

No not wearing a nappy . I haven't even seen a doctor about this die to embarrassment. I'm hoping it will stop. I've wet the bed 4 times in last 9 nights . No previous of bedwetting prior to this

Hi @Forest21, I see you're from Ireland and it's good to have you join this group! We have quite a few from your part of the world so this problem you have is universal! You will get a lot of support here and meet a lot of people who have the same thing you are faced with now. Since you've had no prior history of bedwetting and are now facing this all of a sudden, please do see a doctor and find out what's going on.
You could have an underlying medical condition and there's a good possibility you'll find out quickly and get treated for it. But please don't be embarrassed about seeing a doctor. Doctors have all seen this before, time and time again, and it has been covered in their medical school curriculum as well as in their internships and residencies. I know it's easy to think you're the only one this is happening to, but the reality is it happens a lot more people than you'd think.
If needed you can also consult with a urologist and their sole practice is devoted to the urinary tract and bladder. So meeting with a 50-year-old guy faced with sudden bedwetting is "old hat" to these doctors!! Everyone here will say that nothing that confronts a doctor, a GP or a urologist, surprises them. And their nursing staffs are also used to handling this type of problem.
When you do go they'll do a urinalysis to see if a clue to your problem shows up in the sample you give. And the doctor will take it from that point on. I hope you pick up the phone and make that call! The person on the other end of the phone is here to help you!

Hi @Forest21. Welcome! Incontinence can be caused by lots of different things. And sometimes the fix is simple. Ask your doctor about it. You have nothing to lose.

Just don’t become a ginipig like my urologist did to me - good luck - I’m good with wearing a diaper at night

My bedwetting came back at 50. I was a chronic nightly wetter growing up. My wife encouraged me to see the doctor and I'm glad I did as I had no idea I was diabetic. I have had to learn to live with the bedwetting and increasing daytime incontinence as it is caused by nerve damage and neuropathy and cannot be cured.