New to this

Archives1

Staff member
Embarrassing but I’ve had 2 accidents in the past month & I don’t know why. I dream I’m using the bathroom then wake up. I don’t drink as of almost 3 years ago & I don’t know why I am doing this.

Hi Kelly,
Welcome and glad you are here. There are a couple threads for the wetting dream. It’s actually pretty common. There can be allot of reasons for wetting. Uti, stress, not getting good sleep and a bunch of other stuff.
Have you checked with your doctor to rule out a urinary tract infection?

No I haven’t seen my dr because I’m embarrassed. Haven’t done this in 3 years then all of a sudden it’s back. I’m scared because my wife thinks I’m drinking again & im not.

Not a bad idea to get checked out just in case you picked up a uti. Pretty common, especially for folks who are sexually active. Our bodies and muscles all change over time too, same with stress and how we deal or don’t deal with it, and sleep patterns, food or caffeine intake, etc. prescription drugs may have a side effect or interaction too. Best to have your doc check you out and they can rule out the important stuff related to your health and well being.
Just say doc, I’m reluctant to bring this up but I know you have heard and seen everything, I’ve had a couple, few bladder accidents lately and I’m concerned and my wife is concerned. Trust me, my honey is a nurse and she has heard and seen it all over 30 years, same with your physician. That’s why they get the big bucks, to look out for you. I was embarrassed the first few times I mentioned it also but the are professionals and do normally understand.
Hope this helps.
Jim

@Kellym24 Like @jrpoorman said, something new like this comes up you really should let your doctor know and check it out. No matter how embarrassing it is. Yo say it has been three years; since last random accidents or did you have an issue with wetting back then too. Sounds like it is only bedwetting, any day accidents? All info your doctor will need and want to know.