New Guy

Archives1

Staff member
Hi, I'm new here and wanted say hi.

I work in an office as a manager and fear my employees will or do know I wear diapers. I used to have a home office, but now fear the unknown.

Has or is anyone else dealing with this? What do you do?

Also, am I the only one who hate it when nurses and doctors call them fitted briefs or protective under garments? My doctor thinks it's strange that I call them diapers. I guess I call a spade a spade and find it more demeaning to make up "special" terminology for the products I use.

Welcome to our group. Just call diapers diapers if that makes you feel better. I don't think anyone who looks at a person wearing diapers thinks anything more than that person has a little extra "padding" on his or her rear end, if you know what I mean. PS love the picture of your dog 🐶

I am new to this diaper situation after a spinal cord injury. I do agree with you completely about calling a spade a spade. Only today I told my wife that I needed to get a diaper she said that they were briefs and I had to tell her as you did the a spade was a spade. Sorry I can't help you with the problem with the employees as I am unfortunately on disability. Wishing all the best

I wear a diaper to work, and wherever I go. Always have since a work vehicular accident in 2009, that went mistreated resulting in sciatica, nerve damage and a nuerogenic bladder. Gave up on caths after too many infections, and condom caths after countless leaks that required diapers atop anyway.

So I guess at this point I've decided that if I don't care, nobody else will. It's my underwear crutch so-to-speak, and if people are petty enough to slander me for it - I have no problem making them feel 3" tall.

Don't stress over it, and be conservative of the amount of thought you put into it. I still dress hip and in business casual trends, wearing a 24/7 or M4 with stuffer. I also do marathons in running shorts the same way.

It's confidence that diapers are you more realistic and carefree solution to an issue that 1.9M american's suffer.

I'm confused. I checked out NorthShore's website because it was too late in the evening to call them. What they called adult diapers looked like Depends with the elastic leg bands. Will someone call please explain the difference between Depends (which I've been wearing) and true adult diapers? Thanks. BTW I'm s 60 yr woman 5'2" 190 lbs.

Hi John,
Don't worry what your employees think. They probably don't know and if any do they will sympathise if they have any understanding of what life can throw at us.
In the UK they are usually called pads by the way.
With best wishes,
Barry

I wear protective underwear 24 7. I call them diapers. I dont care who knows anymore. At the local drugstore all the women working there know. We laugh and joke about it. Anybody could tell if you looked at my bottom. The padding shows through my jeans. I just dont care. Im used to them now,i love the security they give me.

Welcome John, I can say don't stress about diapers but I still do sometimes. Medication and CPAP have helped me tremendously with continence. I'm very fortunate and not the usual member here but this forum, these gentlemen, have been a great source of encouragement.

Since you're the manager no one should dare think anything about it. Like matttyco said, make them feel 3 feet tall if anyone gives you any crap.

John,

Welcome to the forum.

It has been necessary for me to wear a diaper 24/7/365 for about 30 years now. I'm retired now, but my career involved working at a university where "business casual" is the typical attire for staff. When I first started wearing 24/7, I was concerned about people noticing. However, nobody ever said anything about it ever. One very important thing for me was convincing myself that in principle wearing a diaper is not different than using eyeglasses, a hearing aid or a cane. Diapers are just a way of managing a medical condition. And if anybody notices, they will likely understand that you have a medical problem.

PBK

Typcally Depend brand makes "pullups" or "pull-on style underwear" or "protective underwear" all terms to describe a pull on. (They do make a "fitted brief" aka "tab style" or "tape on diapers" aka "a diaper") The pullups are light duty protection, though have the most discretion. But obviously nothing is discreet after it leaks and soaks your pants for all to see. So unless you have really light leakage, most of us recommend the more robust protection afforded by a regular "tape on style" or "tab style" or "fitted brief" aka a diaper. There are a bunch of different terms because nobody wants to come right out and call them pullups and diapers. That's our PC world. We who wear them call a spade a spade.....it's a diaper.......

PBK
As PBJ said, There are diapers and pull-ups. There are also pads but that's another topic. As far as the tab-style products, there is no difference between Depends and adult diapers. Depends ARE adult diapers. They are just one of a great many companies that make them. Although adequate for some, they are by far not the best. There are many many more out on the market with far better comfort, absorbency, durability, discreetness, fit, thickness, etc. I have tried literally dozens and have found several varieties that work well for me. I use different types for different situations but you certainly can pick just one and use them all the time. Good luck and happy hunting.

Which brand do you think is the best? I looked at the NorthShore website and their products ate very expensive but if they're more absorbent maybe it's worth it. Actually, I use the ShopRite supermarket version of Depends because they are less expensive. A friend of mine suggested lined washable underwear used in conjunction with an absorbent pad but I know from experience that my version of Depends holds much more urine that approach would.

I use Edgepark 18883945375 I get depends pull ups ref# 0720 I think I pay $15 and some change for 3 packs 20 in a pack. BTW that is for all three packs.

continuous positive airway pressure
Above is the actual meaning of cpap. It is a piece of equipment used to help people with sleep apnea to sleep better by helping their breathing. I do not understand anything more than what I found on Google Searches however apparently with some people with overactive bladder cpap can help such individuals. Hope this may help.

One of the members of this group said that CPAP helps. Will that individual please explain how it helps? Thanks.

I too have sleep apnea. It causes a whole host of problems including incontinence. If you are not fully rested it causes great bodily dysfunction, including but certainly not limited to pants wetting and loss of control. You'd be amazed the difference CPAP can make.

Johnwatrin said:
Hi, I'm new here and wanted say hi.

Also, am I the only one who hate it when nurses and doctors call them fitted briefs or protective under garments? My doctor thinks it's strange that I call them diapers. I guess I call a spade a spade and find it more demeaning to make up "special" terminology for the products I use.

On a laughable note. I once bought a pack of 'fitted briefs' for my bedwetting thinking they were the pull-ups style. You can imagine the surprise look on my face when I got one out. I was like, 'What the heck do I do with this.' LOL

Call them what you want to call them and be comfortable with it. Its your business and no one else's.