Neurogenic bladder and night wetting

Archives1

Staff member
As I’ve said before I have a paralyzed neurogenic bladder. My problems are daytime majority. I have very large voids during the daytime but don’t seem to have an issue at night too much. I still wear at night because eeeeeeevery once in awhile I’ll have a nighttime accident. If seems my brain still produces the hormone that controls night wetting. Is anyone else like this?

Not sure this helps you or not because I haven't had any official diagnosises, just guesses- I do have major daytime leaks, usually I can't feel how full my bladder is and it just happens. Some days 1 pullup is fine, average is 2, and today I am on #3. I attribute the less risk at night to side sleeping but unsure the reason why. It is super frustrating not knowing when you need to go so to speak.

I have a neurogenic bladder as well! I can manage somewhat during the day but at night it's a complete void. I wear diapers day and night, 24/7

I sleep on my side most of the night. I guess sleeping on your side cuts off your flow so you don't wet as much. However; if I sleep on my back I totally saturate my pull up diaper.

That’s interesting. I sleep on my side too. I also have sleep apnea but I don’t know if that has anything to with it. I’m supposed to use a cpap machine but honestly I’m terrible at doing it. My day time is no holds barred. A diaper is required. When I wake up I usually flood so you may have something there with the side sleeping!

I have sleep apnea too. When on my side I pee at night. So bad I use condom cath at night. Diapers a must during day. Atlest until Sept 13 they fit me for surapubic catheter.

Hi @Gary1of2 I also had a suprapubic catheter for awhile but had them take it out because I didn’t like it. My night bag kept leaking and I hated the leg bag. One thing I DID like was the flip flo valve. Although I had trouble with timing and would spasm and pee the normal way. And I could never make it to the bathroom therefore still requiring me to wear diapers. I wish you luck with yours. They can be good or bad!

I had fey old way for a year. Now things are almost swollen totally shut. They might have to rebuild urethra the last 5 inches because it's so bad.

For me it's like my bladder won't release anythig until I'm standing. Sitting down, or laying down, and my sphincter muscles won't relax. I have a Neutrogena bladder due to TBI/abdominal trauma. They do botox injections every like 6-9 months to keep my sphincter muscles relaxed too otherwise my bladder will never empty. They are frozen shut I apparently.

So for me, it's also more problematic at night than during the day. Unfortunately, I only have a limited feeling for the filling level of my bladder. During the day I usually feel a pressure in my lower abdomen when the bladder is full and can then go to the toilet. If I am not careful or not near a toilet and then actually urge starts, then it is almost always associated with a bladder cramp and I often lose the entire bladder contents because I can not stop it when it runs.

It is exactly the same at night. I wake up from the urge or from the bladder spasm but then it is already too late. This has nothing to do with snoring - but I have also heard that sometimes there is a connection.