Nerves

@Greensleeves351 I kind of put it on my other post that I titled "Is this weird?"
I'm just not really excited for this trip with my friends but it's already paid for. I just feel like they're going to be really annoyed with me because I "go" more frequently than they do and then I'm concerned because we're in a hotel room with one bathroom and that's gonna be hard with three other people. I didn't want to keep making too many posts here because I'm sure that gets annoying for people reading them. But if you go back on that thread, I sort of ranted/vented there. I don't know. I'm not really used to hanging out with people my age for long periods of time so I'm a little excited but mostly not. And this also my first trip with only girls and one is an extrovert so it'll be interesting I guess. They already say I "act like an old person" so I'm kind of already defensive.

Hey @ayam;

I can sympathize to the feelings of being nervous or scared. But fear not says Dumbledore - you will always have help if you know where to turn on the light 🕯️. Or as the quote goes.

The beautiful thing is - is that you should never be fearful but fear itself. I have been learning those skills recently as I have had people in my life who want to target me - but I keep safe distance from.

I suffer from mental ailments and social problems - but am currently working on getting the necessary resources to get peers to advocate for me rather than working with a system that is working against me. So in that case - I am heading in the right direction.

I would strongly urge you if you have any mental or health problems is to find someone to talk to about them - I am working with a program to help me get diagnosed as I better communicate via technology than in real life - so in that sense - I hope that I will get properly diagnosed so that I can start to live a better and more independent life.

And remember - you have the people with the NAFC and online who are on your side - no matter where you are from. It says you are from the United States so that means you have constitutional rights and freedoms to be able to express yourself so that others can relate or hear your voice.

The only downside to that is that with constitutional rights - others can voice there side even if it is means, unfair, and unright. But that's the beauty of our country.

Will be praying for you @ayam - things will get better.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs Hi. Thank you. Communicating on here and with family is so much easier for me than communicating with my peers. I am honestly only going on this "girls trip" now because I already paid for it. I was in therapy before and then it was too expensive but I'm hoping to find another one to talk to.

Ayam, I would encourage you to use pads for the trip to help avoid embarrassing situations... no one will need to know except you.. I am on vacation with my family and my kids don't know I have to use pads and pull-ups for urge issues and bladder spasms and I just have a grocery bag I am disposing them in and tying up and keeping with my things till I have a safe place to dispose of them. I still have a lot of anxiety about it, especially that of leaking, but it is better than no protection.

@Sarah060486 Thank you Sarah. I have to use them anyway now, thanks to nature's bad timing... but that's a whole different reason. Lol

Well then that worked out in your favor! A blessing in disguise!! I hope everything works out well for you!!! 😊

Update: I want to thank all of you for the advice. I appreciate it. I had an accident in my sleep on the first night of the trip. I woke up in tears from a nightmare, my friend held me and then I realized I was wet and still had to go. But they were nice.

@Sarah060486 Thank you. It was kind of annoying because they kept asking if I "had to go" the whole trip.