Natural hard candy day.

Archives1

Staff member
Jolly ranchers hard candy are my favorite. But I also like Everlasting gobbstopers candy.

And this time of year nothing is better than candy canes.

Oh, I don't know. How about Peppermint Bark? Or isn't that hard?
Then how about those peppermint balls, the ones with the red stripes?
Mom used to make these things sort of like peanut-butter filled pretzels, then boil them in honey. They were hard. Not sure what spices or what they were called, anymore, but it was a holiday treat. I was pretty young. One time, she used the pressure cooker and couldn't find the gauge that goes on the top. So she plugged it with toothpicks. (Please don't ask me why. She was a very intelligent woman, but I guess everyone is entitled to a bad day). Anyway, the little pressure-relief safety device (a rubber plug in the lid), blew and we had to clean honey off the kitchen cabinets, the ceiling, and the stove. I spent some time on a ladder! Thank goodness neither one of us got hit by that boiling-hot honey. And that was it for that particular "candy". I missed it for some years.
She took the lid to the local hardware store and the owner said he got lids like that periodically, sold her a new safety pressure release plug, and put it in for her. And now you know the rest of the story.

Gobstoppers I love and bullseyes I like.

Not sure if available in USA but foxes glaciers are nice as well their a hard mint candy.

Candy is dandy but death by chocolate is quicker.
We've discussed my love of Cadburys havent we?? Lol

Yes, the rabbit that clucks like a chicken! :D I have never been much for candy myself (well maybe some when I was a kid) but I'll gladly give my share to someone who really wants it! ;)