NAFC "Hobby Lobby"

Archives1

Staff member
Hey Guys (and gals),

Aside from suffering from Bladder and Bowel issues - i know alot of us like to do things outside of the community in regaurds to our hobbies. Do you guys have any crafts or things youd like to share on here or personal works you are proud of?

A part of a community is not just how diverse we are; but also with how much we relate to one another.

Aside from video games which ive talked with Sci_Fi_Fan about - i like to create graphics and things on my spare time. I like seeing what could be or "modernizing America" - by taking what attributes of what made our culture so grand and positive and revitilzing it for present day.

Heres something i worked on a while back and is a Revitization of the current Walmart Logo while paying homage to Walmarts past.

52fb14dd517fc073b3881b02b3da3925.png

Please feel free to share anything youve built, created, designed, or even collect!

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I enjoy scale plastic model cars, designing cars, cooking, reading and driving out in the country. I'd also enjoy designing towns, if I had a computer that could run the gane for that. Next time around, I guess.

Hey guys,

I saw some new people coming into the NAFC and i just wanted to say little hi little ho.

My name's Honeeecombs - I am 29 years old with OAB Syndrome. I wanted to bump this thread - as I recently been playing video games and watching movies (which I want to start a collection so I have movies on hand).

But anyway, @scififan; I have been recently going back through Star Wars the Skywalker Sega - and replaying the missions to hopefully collect more studs and unlock more items/missions - but overall - I'm just having fun seeing things I didn't pick up on during my first playthrough.

For instance, the Lego charm! This is the first level in episode 4 - and there's a Jedi troop member in his Jedi pajamas scared that the empire came in and is trying to take over the ship.

4d4fc3fa099743038053f2a686974938.jpg

I don't have Xbox live at the moment; but am trying to make friends in real life to hopefully play video games with. These games are quite fun.

Anybody else into video gaming, coloring, or any other hobbies? Building Lego models is something I want to do someday as well - there are lots of things you can do with them.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Hi Honeecomb. I haven't posted in awhile but think of everyone always. Yes, I do have some hobbies that I enjoy and have possibly saved my sanity. I enjoy such crafts as decoupage, especially using "blanks" that would otherwise end up in a landfill. My most favorite is probably using cans; like vegetable cans; and doing napkin decoupage on them. Glass jars are really cool too.
Just started doing cards with stamping. And of course there's always my imaging with tee shirts , dishtowels, ect. I'll stop with that or I could go on all night.
I wish you all the best in life. It sounds as if you have been busy with alot of changes. Being a man of faith that you are you know to put it all in God's hands as he is The Man with the plan. All the best you.

Boopsie61 said:
Hi Honeecomb. I haven't posted in awhile but think of everyone always. Yes, I do have some hobbies that I enjoy and have possibly saved my sanity. I enjoy such crafts as decoupage, especially using "blanks" that would otherwise end up in a landfill. My most favorite is probably using cans; like vegetable cans; and doing napkin decoupage on them. Glass jars are really cool too.
Just started doing cards with stamping. And of course there's always my imaging with tee shirts , dishtowels, ect. I'll stop with that or I could go on all night.
I wish you all the best in life. It sounds as if you have been busy with alot of changes. Being a man of faith that you are you know to put it all in God's hands as he is The Man with the plan. All the best you.

I don't know what decoupage is; but it sounds very trendy and crafty! I'm guessing it is using alot of recyclables and man made materials to create an art form? Sounds awesome!

Please do share if you get a chance; I know this forum is exclusively for Continence issues; but I've found in slot of communities - it is nice to have other things we share in common as well.

Thank you Boopsie61; I appreciate this.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Hello Honeeecombs. Boy, did you just make my day!!! Thank you for the interest. I have found that art is much more than therapy for me. It's more like,"soul therapy."
Anyway, back to decoupage: here are some pics so you get a better idea. These used to be, if memory serves me, an olive jar, a jelly jar and a liquid soap container. The little box came from the Dollar Store.
6b6208e7e53c4df4928dc54e9bee4e74.jpg

They were made by using napkins.
7317f76f7e1ec4def327c0986d151f9a.jpg

Next, although not decoupage, is a transfer I did for my son-in-law, who, as you might guess, loves to smoke!
I find that creating helps me to not focus on certain things that I try my best to forget about. Incontinence being high on the list.
So again, thank you for your kindness in asking me about the "art"- if you can call it that -I do to burn away my hours. Hoping you and all had a good day and a restful evening ahead.

That is very cool @Boopsie61; thank you for sharing! I am very impressed - I wish I had those craft skills. My mom has a craft room and is into arts and crafts; but myself - I'm more of the instructions kinda person (which is why I want to do some more cool Lego sets - I've got my eyes on some cool buildings I want to build).

That is so cool - again, thsnk you for sharing. There are so many good uses for things like leftover mason jars, olive jars, etc.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Hi again Honeeecombs. Thank you for your generous comments. Believe me when I say the above is nothing complicated. I'm the gal who couldn't draw a stick figure if my life depended on it! Do you draw? If you draw me a pic I would be honored to put it on a tee shirt for you. Just let me know. Feel free to private message me anytime.
Thanks again. Oh one more thing I wanted to share with all. I have this hanging on my craft room wall and look at it daily. Maybe it could help someone else too. All my best.
14ba47221529da935412472a89ece6ff.jpg

Hi @Boopsie61;

I can't really draw - I mean i suppose I can a little bit...but drawing is one of those skills that if I was to work on it - I would probably get better over time. Gosh, I haven't drawn since gosh my school days - other than random doodling.

Thank you for your kindness and generosity in regards to offering to make me a shirt - funnily enough I want to get a poster made of the minions characters entering the airport from the new minions movie saying "Fly Like an Eagle" - but i think it could look cool on a t-shirt as well. I guess ill have to do some more research and find the right picture.

Thank you for sharing the wall hanging; i think that speaks so much truth in terms of not letting our conditions define who we are.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs Glad you're having fun with The Skywalker Saga! I've been putting a lot of hours into Assassin's Creed - Black Flag on my Switch. Started physio and have a long journey and lots of time to kill and it's been a real lifeline! Working through the His Dark Materials books in chronological order on audiobook on the train there and back and playing Black Flag whilst I kill time in the coffee shop near the physio.

Physio's kind of knocked me for six so have felt pretty out of it. Apparently it's normal to feel worse before you get better but I've been taking it easy in between sessions bar doing the exercises.

I build model cars and miniature city and country scenes...

I have also collected army trucks, buses, boats and Volkwagens.

I also collect Ozark ephemera before 1959 -- the year Tablerock Dam was completed forming Tablerock Lake.

The lake started filling up faster than expected.

d9ff115d18e6a432a6cdc701c627a3bd.jpg

Ozark said:
I build model cars and miniature city and country scenes...

I have also collected army trucks, buses, boats and Volkwagens.

I also collect Ozark ephemera before 1959 -- the year Tablerock Dam was completed forming Tablerock Lake.

The lake started filling up faster than expected.

d9ff115d18e6a432a6cdc701c627a3bd.jpg

Hi there! Can I ask about your models? I'm into 1:25 mostly, and I build showroom stock- or at least I would if I had more time and space...

Jeffswet.. I sure enjoy this hobby.

I build stock also. I am working on a joie chitwood thrill show from 1950.. it will be pretty neat.

I also make car haulers in 1/25 and 1/24. There are a lot of model sites on facebook.

This is one of my favorite builds. It is a hodge-podge of models and diecast cars. The trailers are modified AMT transport and Danbury Mint car hauler. I made the tractors. The COE is a Jada that I mated to an ertl 57 chevy truck frame. The conventional is a Ertl 57 chevy statke truck converted to road tractor.

If you are on facebook ask to join 'Joie Chitwood Thrill Show' there are a lot of neat models there. I also like car haulers.
2a74df096153403661030a4b3db8a3da.jpg

@Ozark: Nice! That is awesome you are into models. I really like train sets and I miss going to traiñ shows and seeing model train sets made by different people.

@scififan: Assassin's Creed Black Flag is a great game! I have that and Unity - but I haven't played them in years. I like Black Flag because it's got a Pirates of the Caribbean vibe to it. I am so glad you are doing good; and it is so nice to be able to hear from you. I miss this support group so much - I haven't been online in a while - but I've been having issues with the state and healthcare. I'll explain in a post.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Hi Honeeecombs,
haven't seen you here for a few days and was thinking about you. If you like looking at train models, you may also enjoy looking at large-scale ship models. I only build cars, but anytime I go to the Museum of Science and Technology here in Ottawa, I stand looking at the ones they have and wish I could spend more time doing so. There is so much detail! Do you ever get up to Ottawa? Perhaps there is a museum closer to you? Just wondering.