Myrbetriq side effects

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone experienced extreme tiredness from using mybetriq 50 mg? Also anyone become disoriented from using myrbetriq?

I took 3 or 4 of the meds and had a range of side effects mostly constipation and dry mouth. I haven’t been on pills in almost 5 years

They had me on both 50 mg Myrobetriq and 10mg of Oxybutynin, That didn't go well, they let me try one only, I had memory issues, so I stop that and the PA told me I needed to stay on the Oxybutynin, so they upped that too 15mg. I'm having some disorientation, memory issues, but have no choice :(

Out of all the meds I tried Myrbetriq was my favorite. The first 3-4 weeks I did notice some confusion and tiredness but my body adjusted after that and it ended being the one that gave me the most benefit with minimal side effects. I was also taking the 50mg but I took it at night as nighttime incontinence was one of my biggest complaints. The only reason I'm not still taking it is because I changed jobs and lost my health insurance.

My GYN had me taking only Oxbutynin until I went to a urogynocologist for the OAB. He told me to get off of it immediately because it has been known to cause memory issues, especially if taken long term.

I tried this for two months. I kept getting blurred vision so I stopped. It had less side effects than the other meds I have tried.

I took this for 2 months. It gave me terrible head aches, very dry mouth, and fatigue. It worked for about a month and then just stopped working.

Okay, I don't understand something here. If the medications have severe side effects and aren't solving your incontinence, why do people continue its use? I had a head injury 3 decades back and am still having to deal with post concussion symptoms- the same ones these meds cause. Needless to say, I refuse to take these pills. Yes, it means I need incontinence products around the clock, but by the sound of it, many of you folks do as well. Am I missing something here? Why are you (who take these pills) taking the risk? I should mention that dementia is one of the side effects.

Yes good point, on the meds. But I have lots of spasms and pain. (As others do) The meds help me cope, yes I'm noticing some forgetfulness, and I'm not sure what is next, its hard to believe they sell this crap if it does this.

jeffswet said:
Okay, I don't understand something here. If the medications have severe side effects and aren't solving your incontinence, why do people continue its use?

I stopped all the medications.

I tried a few meds years ago and the side effects were not pleasant plus they didnt seem to help in any way!! I’ve learned to manage in other ways like most of us do.

My urologist tried me on 5 different meds each for a 3-month period. The side effects varied, but none of them had much of an effect on my urge incontinence. So I decided to just rely on wearing dia[era to manage my bladder problem.

I tried myrbetriq, and it exhausted me. I couldn’t be the dad I wanted to be. I didn’t have the energy to play with my son. So I stopped it.

I took Myrbetriq for a couple of years, during which time it did a good job of controlling symptoms, but after a while I got tired of dealing with the side effects that I experienced so I stopped. Symptoms returned after a couple of months of no medication, so I tried Myrbetriq every second day instead of daily. Unfortunately, I had one side effect that I could not ignore: it raised my blood pressure. I stopped taking it again, and right now I am not taking any medication, just relying upon protective garments. Blood pressure is back in the normal range.