My caregiver found this site, had me read

msuspartan said:
@Boomersway, why did they want you to read it? Are they having a hard time coping?
She wanted me to share it with friends, as a caretakers work weather it be ones husband, wife, or someone else, they all have lots of responsibilities.
Also, I have had some issues of embarrassment, and for a example, It has been harder if I need a Foley, and my regular nurse cannot do it. Even thou she really works around her schedule for me. And they keep telling me never worry, we just want to make you feel comfortable. So I have to try harder.

@Boomersway ok, I'll take your word for it. I fires i just don't really get it.

This article doesn't seem like it would be as helpful for you to read too address any of that. It's an article to address caregiver frustrations, so I'm still not entirely sure why it's helpful for you, unless it's just too give you insight into her frustrations.

@msuspartan Oh you don't need too. You can take the article whatever way you want too. It surprises me it confuses you, but if you are looking for something here you wont find it, but,,,, are you sure you might need this article more then you know?

I think it’s a good article just for airing possible feelings on both sides. I think Boomer’s caregiver thought it might help other caretakers or even caretaker and person needing help to talk about issues that may come up.

@Boomersway the article isn't applicable to me because i don't need another party for care. However, were I on that position I can't imagine receiving this link from a caregiver would have had a positive effect on me, and that's what i was trying to get at. You obviously didn't take offense at it, so there's something in the dynamic of your relationship I don't understand, which is why I'm confused.

Personally, this would feel like an assault to me. Like the person was letting me know that they felt like was a burden, because it seems like this article is about how not to feel like incontinence in the person your caring for is a burden. Like they were letting me know that my incontinence was emotionally burning them out, and they were trying to figure out how to deal with it. I just don't know how to take it where the article is basically coping strategies for caregivers, and then receiving it from the caregiver, as the person receiving care. It would feel passive aggressive to me. Like them telling me, "this is how I feel about dealing with you".

I'm glad that's not what's happing here. That's what I was trying to ascertain. I was coming from a place of genuine concern for your well-being.

@msuspartan Your interest inspires me, as your concern or as you call it is probably confusing you. Please relax and try to work this out, as many times I have seen people that just cant work this out. And that is ok. I think they call it, making a mountain out of a mole hill. All is well don't worry any longer, all is fine, just hope you are not to worked up over this simple link. Ok?

@Boomersway oh no, all is fine. I was reading into my emotions.

I still don't understand what interpretation you have, but you do you. As long as you're good, I'm good.

So do you wear a diaper or other protection? What i got out of this article is people who are resistant to wearing some type of protection vs just being incontinent. Which honestly i can understand if a person know that are incontinent however refuses to use something to control it.

@AZincon , Exactly, at one time or other, we have all gone through a time of denial, so it made a lot of sense to share.