MRI last week Back

Archives1

Staff member
I had back surgery a few years ago, my back pain has returned along with almost total numbness of groin and feet. Well had MRI last week, she did the without contrast and then with contrast and she said it is going to get warm and feel like you peed your pants and I looked at her and she kindly said oh yeah. Well over an hour in there and laying on back the whole time I was leaking and pushed the button and I told her I really needed to change and I think I leaked. She said 20 more minutes, I really need you in same position can you deal with it that long, and said if you leaked it is not a big deal. She was very nice about it when done and apologetic for being asked to hold off for getting cleaned up.

Well results back Cauda Equina cause of total numbness in groin legs and feet. I have to have another back surgery for sure maybe just diskectomy and laminectomy, ordered two more different MRIs for Tuesday hoping for good results otherwise she said she may have to do up to a 5 level fusion... hoping for the lesser of two
Evils, she said it may be to late to regain any of the numbness in groin, legs and feet. Nerves suck!!

I agree about the nerves; got my share of nerve issues.
YOU HAVE AN AWESOME DOCTOR. Your story ought to reassure some of us, here.

I had surgery to remove a pesky piece of cartilage(sp?) from my L1 and L2 discs at the end of November. I had been experiencing pinched nerve pain so bad I could barely walk. I dodged the Cauda Equina bullet, luckily, but still have numbness in my feet and hands due to Type 2 diabetes. I'm finally feeling back to relative normalcy and am diligently doing my daily PT exercises and walking. I was really worried about the back surgery and now understand that I am very very very lucky that the surgery worked for me.