Moving soon

Archives1

Staff member
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to share some good news with everybody tonight - after a couple months of living in a group setting; i had my interview to move to independent living.

Im still going to be getting visits and health checks to make sure i am adapting and living at home okay indepedently - but its good for me because of my mental illness.

Im excited - so ive been thinking about decorating and how i want my place not just to look but the asthetic and vibe i want my place to be.

I want it to be cozy; warm; filled with earth colors reminding me of a happier era.

I will keep everybody updated as i move -

Kindly,
Honeeecombs

I hope you have a good transition to independence and have the support network that you need for peace of mind.

None of my business but what day structure programs are you going to part in?
It was heart wrenching to hear from you struggling with various employment and an unstable relationship a church that seems to not be enough.

I'm so happy for you! How exciting and fun. Enjoy the process. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Maymay941 said:
None of my business but what day structure programs are you going to part in?
It was heart wrenching to hear from you struggling with various employment and an unstable relationship a church that seems to not be enough.

Thank you everyone - fingers crossed things will be smooth and happier.

@Maymay941: You are right - Thank you. I've been struggling with employment for the past couple years now due to mental health - and well - In regards to the church; I pray for them.

It has renewed my faith in God - and another faith so I guess thats the blessings that came of that.

Things will soon feel right again once I'm in my own space; it's not that the group residence hasn't felt like home; because it has - I just know once I'm in my own decorated safe space; I may start to thrive again. Maybe some movie nights, small projects and things to keep my mind off my mental condition.

Honeeecombs

Hi Honeecoms. We haven’t talked in a while, but your news is fantastic. My son lives in an independent home and he just loves it. He has several visits monthly to check on him and they are very helpful to him. The only thing he doesn’t like are the cleanliness inspections. I’ll say he is not the cleanest person so they almost always have things to report. Ha, ha! It does help him, he just doesn’t think so. I know you’ll really like not having a roommate and being able to do a lot and having the freedoms to setup things the way you like without someone changing things. I know you’ll be much happier living independently. Enjoy your life and new found freedoms. Stay in touch my friend.

Fantastic news! Hoping your move back to the earth tones (and tastes and sounds) of your choice enriches your life in still-unimaginable ways. Wishing you good luck and a smooth transition.

@Honeeecombs Yayyyyyyy; congratulations! I think you mentioned before that you like to decorate for the late 80s or early 90s?

jeffswet said:
BTW, when is moving day? If it has already happened, how did it go?

Moving Day is next week! I don't have the details and specifics; but once I do - I will be sure to post.

@snow: Yes! I want it to be cozy, and warm - looking at vintage stuff online that will date the living room giving me ideas for the future.

Kindly,
Honeeecombs

bd568d913d89d39836df6f0a582aab28.jpg

8fb0eeb12c58d90345d625416998aa30.jpg

353308a85d9da17de1e126164b2e6f7d.jpg

Here are some pictures of my new apartment. Hope you guys are doing well; it's my first night in the new place.

Thankful to be back in an apartment - I am not settled in; but will adjust eventually.

Blessings,
Honeeecombs

I agree with Maymay- that is a nice place! I hope it becomes 'home' to you right away, and that it is secure and comfortable. Congratulations!

@Honeeecombs Heyyyyyyy, yahoo! Bravo! I’m proud of you for accomplishing this next step! Congratulations!