Moving/people seeing your diapers

Archives1

Staff member
So next week im moving to another part of dc. Im part of a mental health organization that i get my housing through. Since im a disabled amputee they have been kind enough to hire someone to help me pack and move. Most of my diapers are already in boxes but there is miscellanious stuff they will be packing. Whats the best way to handle this? Im thinking my approach will be to just pretend nothing is our of the ordinary.

Thanks

In truth that's how I would act about it. If you dont make a big deal out of it, most mature adults wont either. And if they do hey just report then to to organization so they can report them to whoever they hired them thru. Most companies will not tolerate people being unkind to the customer. After all in our current society they cant afford to let any of their employees act unkind to the customer. That's what I do with employment. I no longer worry about it. I let HR know so I can use as discreet facilities as they have available, but some places dont and if anyone says anything untoward about it I go to HR about it. It's the same concept.

I so hope the move goes well, and your life can get better. I don't feel I would worry, as its not your fault you have these issues. We are all here to help you and your thoughts, send me a note if you like. We are on your team.

Good luck on your move. I wouldn't let it bother me if they see your incontinence supplies. It is just another move for them and have probably seen this before. Good luck at your new place.

@justej I use to work for the hospital and I delivered diapers and other incontinence supplies to patients of all ages and I didn't overthink anything. My job was to deliver not to pry into why they were being delivered so I just delivered and went to the next delivery.

And I don't think anyone will say or think anything of it but if they do just remember this brother.... they will be wearing them too. Everyone does eventually. I hope my point of view helps take the edge off.

@justej I am sure moving companies have seen it all. I wouldn't worry about it. I would suspect the team that moves you will just go about their work without making any comments about what they see or don't see.

Unlike my friends once who helped me move out of my apartment when I was like 24. I forgot about the bedwetting stains on the underside of my mattress. A few years previously I had an accident without my plastic cover on the mattress and even after trying to clean it the wet stain was still visible. So I flipped my mattress and forgot all about it... until. Before they came to help I took off my plastic cover and packed it away in a box with my GoodNites (I was skinny back then) and taped the box and set it with other boxes randomly. Later as my friends got the mattress off the bed they put it on its side to take it out the door and that is when they saw this very obvious bedwetting stain smack dab in the middle and a little left of center. LOL I was out in the living room area and had not seen it yet. When they came by the clean side was facing me and I noticed they were laughing. I asked, what's funny. One said, didn't know you were a bedwetter? I prob went bright red thinking, how do they know (I was wetting my bed about once a month then). Did I miss a pack of Goodnites in the closet, what went wrong,how'd they find out? Then they turned the mattress over and I saw the bedwetting stain that I had forgot about. I was like Oh that, I spilled a drink in my bed once. They of course said sure you did and laughed a little more. Then one friend said don't worry, everyone has that one stain on their bed from the time they peed the bed as a kid. We all laughed, them more than me who was still sweeting thinking what if they find out.

So yeah, just don't ask my friends to help move you and all will be good. Good luck on the new place.

Remember: Everyone comes into this world wearing diapers, and leaves this world wearing diapers, and quite often wears diapers in between! LOL!