Mirabigon 50mg

I was on 25 mg ER Had no problems. I was told by Dr. to use higher dosage 50 Mg ER. I did not feel well and it made issues worse. Went back to lower dosage. Dr. Indicated that there was no problems with higher dosage. I disagree.

My daughter takes Mirabegron (Myrbetriq). For daytime wetting it works ok. Some days she does great, with very little wetting. Other days, lots of leaks. There doesn’t see me to be a pattern. At night, she does pretty well. It seems to work better for her at night than during the day.

Thanks for response have just taken first tablet reluctantly , feel so depressed and horrid. This all started last eeek for me , and seems to be getting worse by the week. Urge feeling is awful. Very hard trying to stay positive when your worried that you may smell of urine to other people . Also feel so on my own

I have been taking it for about a year. I know it's mostly prescribed for OAB/urge incontinence. My main problem isn't OAB, but stress incontinence due to intrinsic sphincter deficiency, which means my internal sphincter isn't closing completely (in my case due to surgery) and consequently I have a small, but constant, leakage of urine which does increase during times of movements like standing, bending, lifting, etc.

My urologist ran some test and determined I was having mild bladder spasms, which internally were forcing urine past my defective sphincter. He prescribed mirabegron (brand name Myrbetriq) to reduce/eliminate these spasms. I haven't had any follow-up test to measure the reduction in the spasms, but my rate of urine leakage is definitely reduced. Also, I have had no side-effects at all.

I have been dealing with my incontinence for about three years. I have tried several different medications. Most of them have had a positive effect on my problem, but none of them have been a "cure".

Hope this info helps

Really good to have the positive feed back! Apparently we are all so different in the what and why of incontinence but things that help, help.
Twinkle would it help to carry the baby wipe disposable packet to refresh yourself when out and about? Sorry not sure what these are called in UK

Hi maymay941 I have bought those intimate freshen up wipes all sorts of variations of pads, liners etc. I normally am very active 5k run and spinning twice a week feel like this will all stop feels like my life has been completely altered over night sorry to sound soo negative but struggling to accept this

Well there is no question we all struggle with self acceptance and as a woman i think its a cultural sad fact but we are particularly prone to this srlf acceptance struggle! You are always welcome to vent here and as we gain compassion for others a little will penetrate our self acceptance and you will learn ways people have gotten relief. Sometimes, imperfect relief but this is a place to be accepted unconditionally and share war stories.
Your active life style is considered a boon. I dont run but i thought i read that marathoners frequently due have urine flow when racing?
If you can get a urogynocologist or physical therapist to teach kegel excellent this might help. Many of us arent aure we do these correctly.

Twinkle, have you been tested for a UTI? You mentioned that your issues just recently started, and that things got worse very quickly. A UTI can cause all sorts of problems. I have had many UTI's and when I get one my urgency increases dramatically, and my urine smells very strong. As a runner these problems could be further exacerbated.

Hi been tested twice for uti all clear , have bought an itone pelvic floor machine and also do pelvic floor exercises constantly , ( think I am doing these correctly hope so ). In England healthcare system differs we have to go to gp initially and try various options before being referred to urologist. I have an appointment to see gp on 12 th sept hoping she will refer under nhs if not I will privately fund appointment

There is nothing easy when it comes to incontinence but there are ways to manage. I’ve tried many many different meds and have been asked to partake in a experimental surgery that would help my bladder retain the liquid longer but would not cure my UI, I’ve decided(years ago) to just manage this on my own. I appreciate all the research and help from the medical world but my UI is due to an accident I was in and damaged the nerves in that area, so while there are surgeries out there that would help nothing is a cure and it’s just not worth the cost. We all just have to find the best way to manage our incontinence. Hope you all have a great Labor Day!!

Twinkle, I do know that Kegels can be tricky. If done correctly and in the right amount they can definitely help. But from what I've learned if you overdo them they can cause problems with pelvic floor pain and muscle spasms, which of course will increase your urine leakage.

In my urologist office he has a pelvic floor physical therapist. I had been doing Kegels for well over a year, and felt like I was doing them correctly and in the right amount. He recommended that I schedule 6 sessions with her, just to confirm my technique. She had a Urostym machine which allowed her to measure not only my pelvic floor strength but also to measure any spasm activity in my pelvic floor. Even though I could not "feel" them, I had a lot of spasm activity in my pelvic floor. The Urostym machine can also deliver electrical stimulation, so after each session doing Kegels the therapist would give me a session of e-stim. It worked amazingly well! After the completion of the 6 sessions the Urostym machine could not detect any spasm activity. I ended up having my therapist ordering me a hand-held device so I could continue the e-stim treatment at home.

Once you are able to see a urologist I would try to schedule a visit with one who also has a pelvic floor PT on-staff. And preferably one who has the technology to actually measure what is going on in your pelvic floor. My experience here in the US is that a lot of urologist don't seem to think much of the value of pelvic floor PT. It took me a while to find a urologist who did (and who also really works with me on constantly trying to improve my incontinence)

Twinkle, be very careful, there are times I get a UTI, and it doesn't come up on their radar. My PCP team, goes through a full vigil of checking me out. One thing for sure, her PA does a clear sample, that being catheterizing and getting a sample.

I went in once, expecting to just do the pee in cup thing, and before I went to the appointment, I noticed my appointment was 1 hour long! I knew something had changed. The PA found a UTI, I was treated with the right medication, and didn't end up later on in the hospital

I forgot to mention that my daughter has minimal side effects, only dry mouth. Much fewer side effects than other meds she’s taken. We’ve been told we need to watch for high blood pressure, as this is a side effect, but no issues so far.

Any type of exercise definitely increases the likelihood of her leaking. We try to have her go to the bathroom right before and right after exercising. Sometimes this prevents leaks.

I used to take Myrbetriq, and it alleviated my OAB symptoms, with only dry mouth as an apparent side effect. I say "apparent" because it raised my blood pressure to the point where my cardiologist told me to stop taking it, and the dosage of my bp meds had to be increased. Once off Myrbetriq, bp went down, but OAB symptoms returned. Urologist has suggested a differed med, but I haven't started it yet.

Good to know about the possible high blood pressure side effect. I have been on blood pressure meds for 20+ years, and haven't had any abnormal readings since going on the Myrbetriq, but if I do at least I'll know the Myrbetriq could be a potential cause