Men's Disposable Briefs Size

Archives1

Staff member
Hello all,

As the topic indicates I'm looking for some advice regarding the sizes of Men's briefs. The issue is that the briefs I currently wear, Tena Proskins, are a bit too tight in Large but XL is a bit big which allows leakage around the legs. I have also tried Depends briefs and have the same issue with that brand. Does anyone have a recommendation of a brief that may be sized "in between" L and XL?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Try northshorecare.com they have a light brief that is good and has better leak guards that stand taller.

you really can't pay too much attention to the letter sizing there are no real set standards when it comes to sizing one companies medium might be another company small on the other hand company a's l might be companies b's xl baby diaper and youth products go by weight adult products go by hip and waist measurements there are no real standards which can cause confusion your best bet is to measure your hips and waist and look for the measurements on the products you are looking at

Northshore care supremes are consistent on their sizes. Their Megamax briefs run larger so a large should fit you well.

Agree with the previous comments. I tend to run between medium and large, Northshore megamax med run large but still a great fit. They also have an air supreme brief that's great for warmer weather that runs small so try a large. You can also get some samples which is the best way to figure out sizing!

I’m another that runs in between sizes. I’ve found Drycare Confidry 24/7’s in medium to be a perfect size. I also have found the Seni lines of disposables in a size regular fit well.

In other brands I’ve tried, the larges are too big and the mediums are too small.

@atcnomo My sensitive-to-tight-garments waist wants an XL Depends but the size L fits best in the legs and traps the most fluid. Sometimes if I'm really full, I'll cut the front of the stomach in a straight line, until halfway down. I have experienced no extra leakage for doing so.

My advice is to shop around. There are some brands I can't wear for that reason. It took me ages to find a brand which worked for me properly.

Thanks to all who responded! I now have several options to try and I'm sure I will find "the one" which meets my needs.

Bill

I, too, wish for some standardization in diaper sizes. And having a system that was similar to sizes (for women, something like 10-14 and equivalent measures for men (32-32 waist measurement). I've had a terrible time and am still looking for the right diaper for me. And I wish they printed a little symbol on their diaper that indicated the brand. I had about ten different samples/sizes in my closet and once they were out of the package, it was hard to tell one brand from another.

Buying diapers online can be expensive. Some companies will send samples. Take advantage of that, and I think you would save some bucks. Good luck!

@atcnomo For my bedwetting I wear Depend Night Defense or Real Fit S/M size and they fit great with no leaks. I am a 32-34 waist. Hope this helps.

JT

I don’t know anything between l and xl. I agree with previous posts that you simply have to try different brands to find what works best for you. Many suppliers will supply samples which is how I have found what’s best for me. Overnight the only thing that’s ever worked well for me are cloth with plastic pants. Daytime I’m almost exclusively a medium in most products and yes Mega Max run large and so small works best for me however the fit is not ideal as I sometimes leak when the diaper isn’t even half wet. Better dry, xp5000, abena 4, all seem to fit me well. Trial and error.