Meeting people

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone here had luck meeting a partner or spouse after you became incontinent? It seems about impossible. Every time I meet a guy and it comes time to disclose the diaper, they disappear.
How do you guys find people?

Has not been an issue with me. I have had two back surgeries and wear protection 24/7. I am just upfront with the women I meet and it doesn't seem to be an issue. If they like you than a diaper will be no big deal. I find the new depends commercials about wearing a different kind of underwear is helping bringing a once taboo subject to light. Hang in there you will find the one and the diaper will not be a problem.

A 'partner' (PC for female friend) yes...A spouse, no.

Meeting location was at a support group several hundred
miles distant...about 20 years ago. She had the same bladder incontinence challenges, tho from a different cause.

Matter of fact, we remain in contact, though her work has taken her through several re-locations around the country.

That group no longer meets, but we had a gathering of about
50 people at one point. Ages late teen to senior, male and female, disabled and (temporarly) able body.

Aside from those who shared, I've also met and 'seen' others who were tolerant and understanding, without experiencing any incontinence themselves. In truth, I faced rejection only
twice. With any disability or health condition, there is
the constant factor of stigma or fear that many will experience.

Finding a 'partner' does happen; do not be discouraged !

Read through the many posts here over the past two years.
Quite a few have loving and understanding partners whom they
met either before or AFTER becoming incontinent.

There is someone for everyone. They aren't dating your incontinence product, they are dating you. Let someone get to know you first before intimacy, and you will be surprised how little incontinence matters. The only difference between my relationship and one where incontinence isn't an issue is my significant other asks me if I have to go to the bathroom anytime she sees a restroom or port a potty, and let's me know when there are Depend coupons in the Sunday paper. Relationship Goals.

I'am lucky my wetting started soon after we married she just said diapers were the way to go to keep her and everything dry.She is a big help never makes fun of the diapers.

I would rather be with someone with a great many common interests that accepts the fact that I am incontinent, than someone who also happens to also be incontinent. It seems like knowing someone else in person that is incontinent would foster acceptance easier, but in the long run continence issues are not that big of a deal. I am far more satisfied being with someone that I can talk about a great book we read or movie we saw, than about who had an accident and needs to change their undergarment.