Medicaid/diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I live in NY and on Medicaid and wear diapers 24/7. Where can I get real good aborspent diapers at low cost out of pocket that meets my needs. The diapers l get from Medicaid are ok, but they aren't that aborspent.l need a diaper that is a good fit and quietly. Can anyone help???

I don't know about my but did u look on line like northshore or other companies and get samples.northshore will send you some and see what's best for you but I don't know if Medicaid will pay for them

I can't afford North shore diapers or the top brands online. I was hoping that someone would have an idea of what diapers that I can get for about $50 a case or less that are somewhat descent good quality. Thanks

Yah they are there own brand called rely I think they have pull ups and breathable tape just type in rely.com it should come up with there site

I am on Medicaid in Wisconsin and Wisconsin uses J & B Medical for incontinence and when I started using J&B the best diaper I could get through them was Attends poly brief I had to have my doctor write a letter of medical need for a heavier more absorbent diaper this letter had to be submitted to Medicaid for approval now I am getting Abena L4's supplied and they are working a whole lot better for me it depends on the Medicaid rules in your state

here is a sample of the letter that my Doctor wrote

To whom it May concern:
Xxxxx xxxxx is a patient of mine at xxxxxxxxx . He has incontinence of both stool as well
as urine. I am writing this letter on his behalf in support of the medical necessity of Abena Abri-form
incontinence supplies. The patient has historically tried alternatives including Attends and Tranquility Brand
products. These have not provided him adequate absorbent see or proper fit which has lead to skin
breakdown. They requested brand has been effective for him (Abena). It provides a large protection area
with waterproof exterior preventing his clothing from getting wet or soiled. Please provide the requested
Abena Abri-form incontinence supplies.
Sincerely,

I’ve just been paying for everything out of pocket...definitely puts a dent in my paycheck though. I wonder how much this has cost over 50 plus years.

I know I have to pay for all my supplies because Medicare doesn't cover it and on disability you don't get much money but do the best you can I also go online in yard sales and fb selling to get some of my supplies cheeper just have to keep an eye out for deals

Thanks, are rely diapers real absorbent??? If they are i might try them. New York Medicaid is lot different than other states when it comes to diapers.you are aloud attends/prevail, and off brand like wings.i could try and ask my doctor for a better diaper it might work or not.

For me they hold a little over 1 void they say they should hold 2or more I just don't chance it when I fell wet I change so I don't have leeks