Mattress cover

Hi Garfield,
We got ours when we got our new mattress at The store that sold it to us. It’s made out of PUL material like the Gary diaper covers so it doesn’t retain heat and is much cooler. It’s going on a couple years old now and hasn’t failed yet. Will have to see what the little tag says inside the bottom of the cover. Will keep you posted.
Jim

I use a heavy gauge shower curtain, then 2 or 3 padded and waterproof bed inserts, my bottom sheet, then another bed insert. My mattress has always remained dry.

I got matress cover plastic that fits the whole matress like a giant sock. Then a cool fabric one that sits on top like a fitted sheet. You need to buy little elasti suspenders that hold the corners around the matress for the fitted sheet part in my experience. I got these alll at Walmart

The one that fits over the whole mattress is difficult to insert a matress into if bigger than a twin but it fits snuggly. I wash it daily with a lysol wipe down or such and remove and discard 4 times a year and replace. Beca plastic under a sheet is hot i get a fitted cooling cover over that but get those darn suspender things or it pops off

When my wife was still alive we always had a king size bed. Always used a plastic/vinyl cover directly over the mattress but then a more comfortable topper over that. The problem was the diapers I wore at night had more leakage, sometimes severe. The topper was more difficult to wash and dry, sometimes they needed washed several days in a row. The topper wouldn't fit in the same load as the rest of the sheets. Then tried a pad over sheets but would always bunch up or get lost through the night. Then put the pad under the sheets but on top of the topper. This mostly worked and only had to wash the sheets if there was leakage. Sometimes the leakage missed the pad got on topper anyway and back to washing everything in the morning. My wife I both worked so sticking around to do the laundry was a major pain. After she passed I went back to just using the plastic/vinyl mattress cover under the sheets. The sheets fit in one load so I could throw them in the wash and dry them when I got home. Used disinfecting cleaner on the plastic cover and let it dry and air out all day. Sleeping on a plastic mattress cover was what I slept on all my life up until I got married. The vinyl style nowadays is more quiet then the plastic ones from my childhood. The comfy topper was for her comfort which I was glad to do for her. A couple years ago I switched to ConfyDry 24/7 diapers and started using a booster. I no longer have problems with leaks at night but continue to just use the vinyl mattress cover anyways. It is easier to keep an extra set or two of sheets than it is extra mattress toppers. Don't know if this helped, it's just been my experience.

Al.

We have a PUL mattress cover under the sheets. I still use a waterproof pad under me when I sleep. It stays under me sometimes and sometimes it travels and lands on the dog who sleeps in his bed next to me at night. He like when that happens and uses it like a blanket.

Dogs are hilarious how they percieve blankets. I have one who burrows expertly and sll you can see is s little black nose. The other dog will not tolerate even my hand 4esting on her back no matter the weather.

Thanks for your advice up till now I have not had much of a problem at night just a little leakage now starting to get wetter and not even know at night so I think it's time to cover the bed