Lower abdominal pain/cramping

Archives1

Staff member
Anyone else have lower abdominal pain/cramping? It is not non-stop but frequent, applying pressure relieves it somewhat, but then that also can trigger another accident. Anyone with a similar experience?

Hi @Sarah060486
Yes, I experience cramping too, also pressure and spasms. I was attending physio for a while last year and getting massages which helped for a bit (my pelvic muscles are very tight apparently) but my insurance benefits ran out and I couldn't afford to continue them. In any case, physio wasn't helping with my urges or incontinence and the benefits of the massages were short lived anyway, so the physio wasn't worth the expense for me. I just put up with the discomfort but it does get bad when I have flare ups. Wish I had some advice for you! I could use some myself. :)

Both female and male can have this. I deal with it daily. Doing instlls right now. Done physical therapy, and other things.

@Sarah060486 - I do as well. It can radiate into my hips on bad days. If you haven’t yet, talk with your urologist/PCP.

Isolating the cause for me is hard as it appears to be a delayed reaction. Too much stress one day can lead to pain several days later, but all the intervening stuff can add to it too. Under hydrating is immediate though. Some sources I’ve found for me are food related, muscle (lower back, pelvic) tightness, or high stress.

Stretching and yoga can help. Heating pads on neck and abdomen. Quiet time with a lot of nsaids and cbd help.

Yes, I get abdominal pain & cramping too. Hard to tell if it's from the intestines or genitourinary system! I thought I was having urine backing up in my Ureters. My Uregynecologist told me to apply a heating pad on low or medium to the area. I tried applynig the heating pad to my abdomen & it helped with the pain & cramping too! You might give that a try. When I feel pressure, that means I'm constipated. So, I utilize my constipation remedies. Let me know if you are interested in those.

@pegasi99, how long at a time do you recommend leaving the heating pad on your abdomen and how frequently? Thanks!

Jh2025 -- Heating Pad -- I use it when the pain & cramping occurs for 20-30 minutes. If the cramping & pain hasn't gone away, then I apply the heat until the heating pad shuts off. It has an automatic shut off. I believe it's an hour's time. I use the medium setting. It it gets too warm, I put it on low. Now, though, am thinking that maybe a maintenance program might be a good idea. What I mean is applying the heat each day for about 20-30 minutes as a preventative measure. It feels really good, especially when it's cold outside!

I've got an appointment to see a urologist Monday! Would you believe it- not one female doctor, but at least they have a female PA I can see for starters. Hoping to get answers soon!