Looking to interview younger person with overactive bladder

Archives1

Staff member
Hi there, everyone.

I'm a writer for WebMD and am working on a short feature on the emotional effects of overactive bladder (OAB).

If you are living with OAB and are interested in, and comfortable with, being a source of insight (and quotes) on your experiences, I would love to ask you a few questions. Preferably tomorrow if you're available. I am looking particularly for younger people with OAB, but would love to hear from anyone who is willing. Please feel free to send me a private message or send me an email at unscienced at gmail dot com.

Thank you so much in advance for your time!

I am old-69 and have a week bladder from having a brain tumor for over 20 years which was misdiagnosed as fibromyalgia. It was as big as orange nd the surgeon could not believe I did not have a stroke. I think working out in a warm water theapy pool and going to the health club all the time, getting massages, etc. saved me. I am a 10 year survivor. I have a very interesting story of my life being married and trapped in a 32 year marriage to a functioning alcoholic. My Father was one and I didn't know any better. As soon as the brain tumor got out-he filed and we divorce 6 months later. He wanted to go to Hawaii and I did not want to go at all. I wanted to file my lawsuit. The lawyer I hired backed out. SO I went to the hospital to tell them myself. they said I was right, sent me a letter saying to come up with my expenses. There was a statue of limitations on it. So I filed myself. I did not get my own lawyer for I was sick for so many years and my ex he lied to me how money and what everything was worth. I lost the mal practice suit which I thought I was going to win. The radiologist did not see the tumor when I had a cat scan. The lawyer talked me into not suing the hospital because he was afraid of too many lawyers. So I said ok which was a mistake on my part. WE lost the lawsuit. I have a lot of mistakes. But here I am still living in a manufacture home in SW.FL enjoying life as best as I can. I had a part time job last fall with the censes bureau and fell and tripped over a cement block barrier leaving a rec center after going to the bathroom. It has been a nightmare. This happened Sept. 24, 2020. I am just getting hand therapy, and I developed a rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder. The federal surgeon wants to do day surgery and I have a neighbor who might drive me for the day which is in Orlando, 3.5 hour drive from where I live. I live alone and have no children of my own. My step children have nothing to do with me. It is all about money. He is a functional alcoholic 19 years older than me. I can't believe how he lived his life he is still alive. My Father kind of pushed me into the marriage and told me I did not have to have kids. IT is very lonely sometimes. So I would like very much to have a story written or even a book and looking for someone to do this. IF interested let me know. Or if you know someone who would be interested. There are a lot of short stories I could tell you about the medical profession as well. Lot of mistakes along the way. My email is bdrabek1970@gmail.com. Thank You Blessings-Barb

Hi unscienced;

My name is Trevor, 27 in real life. Other information I am uncomfortable to give. I came back here to check to see if there was any updates on my goodbye post.

Unfortunately at this current time, I am taking a step back from talking about the negative things that affect my life - however! The good news is, if you click on my profile - any post I have made over the past 6-8 months is given. Alot of it, is just medical talk - which I give you permission to use.

Anything that relates to my personal life, like stories that involve my family and upbringing are off limits.

I hope that there is enough information given that will you a case study of a young adult male who suffers from OAB and Urgency issues.

If it's not enough information; I will have to respectfully decline - there are quite a few of us younger folks on here - there story deserves to be heard :)

All the best,
HC.

wow Barbara, you've really had it tough!. so sorry you went through all that. it's great that you're here though sharing your story

Hi everybody, WebMD is a magazine that I see all the time in waiting rooms at doctors' offices. It's a free magazine that specializes in........ready for this? Medical articles for consumers. These are written in plain language that consumers like us can readily understand. It isn't a magazine geared toward the doctors themselves (although I have seen that type of magazine in some doctors offices) and therefor you aren't weighted down with a lot of medical jargon. I'm sure this magazine is seen in all parts of the U.S., and possibly Canada. I don't know if it's available overseas, like in England or Australia, unless there are similar magazines for those audiences. I don't know if this magazine can be bought at a store or if you can subscribe to it. I may be wrong but I have the impression it comes out monthly.
Of course whether or not you choose to reply to unscienced is completely your choice but I just wanted you all to be aware it is a legitimate consumer-oriented magazine whose audience is patients in a doctors' waiting room.