Looking for advice of diapering

Archives1

Staff member
Sorry for long post but there is a question at the end.
I have been wearing diapers full time for over 10 years. I am bladder incontinent and tend to tape my diapers on snuggly so they do not sag and print. Yesterday we hd dinner and my stomach went south, we left the restaurant and I made it half way to the front door when I soiled my diaper. I hate it when I mess, got frustrated and then dropped my keys. When I bent down to grab them my diaper could not contain the mess and got in my shorts.
My wife was watching our new niece and taped her diaper on like mine, was told by her sister not to put it on so tight as it hd to have room in the back for when she messes.

Wondering how everyone else puts their diapers on?
Tightly so they don’t sag or looser so if you mess it has room in it to hold it all?

Thanks,
John

I will agree with DPCARE as I put mine on snug but after a while they become lose.

I have never heard of putting them on lose to allow for room in case you soil them. I don’t think it matters but perhaps I am wrong. Thankfully I am mostly urine incontinent and only have had less than 10 incidents of bowel issues in like 4 years. ;)

I wear pullups and they do well handling both. They fit fairly snug but have inner leg guards that are life savers, But if I just had a bowel movement and I have to pick something off the floor I know it would be dangerous.

A couple days ago I had a very full pullup (fecal) and had to keep it on an extra long time like 5 hours to where I was going and then back home and do lots of walking even up and down stairs. There was no problem but a small not noticable stain.

A few weeks back I had a situation where the pullup failed while walking down the street near my home with lots of people around. I had to inch my way home. No way it was not noticed.

I hear stories good and bad no matter what you wear or how. My thought is that that is just the nature of the beast. I was in a rush that bad day. Never rush!!! I know how to put them on slowly and accurately. It takes great care all the time putting them on and moving in a manner that will not dislodge the contents. I rushed and put them on wrong
I paid the price in public. You have to be very aware of what is safe and what is not.

Hi, First of all, sorry to hear of your experience. Hoping it is a one off and not a regular experience. I tend to agree with all of the above answers and I think all i can add to is to ensure you prime the pad before you wear it. I think it is crutial to ensure the leg guards are free and standing and the pad has been "fluffed up" ready to use. I normally do this by folding the pad in half length ways and gently pull the pad to allow the contents to slightly loosten. Perhaps another tip might be to wear some kind of protective pants over the top so the contents don't overspill into your trousers. Plastic pants are good for this. The key to a good fitting pad is to get one that fits your size right, as I am sure you know.

Wishing you luck going forwards.

Believe me, I'm glad not to know what I am taking about, but it does seem to me that a lot of the briefs I've worn have a generous cut where it counts for those who need the protection back there. I'd be concerned about leaking around the legs if I didn't fit it snuggly to my body. Or is it the waist that you were referring to, and if so, would that not increase the odor?

As others have said, I go snug to accommodate for stretch/sag. An infant may not move enough to create sag like an adult (or toddler for that matter) does. Consistency of a BM will also effect containment. I find diarrhea harder to contain than a more solid BM.