Long lasting diapers

Archives1

Staff member
Going to school or work when your incontinent is difficult without heavy diapers. Iv worm both cloth and disposable diapers since birth due to Spina Bifida occulta. I now work at a local nursing home in the laundry. I have been able to hold a job dispite my loss of bladder control. Diapers have made it possible for those of us with incontinence to manage our disability.

@genesbo I don't know anything about spina bifida, I assume that it causes all sorts of problems? I'm pleased to hear that you manage well enough to have a job. Diapers or nappies as we call them certainly help get through a day without wet patches. Cheers Phil

Congratulations on dealing the difficulties of life-being successful. God bless. Keep the faith, Keep fighting. Blessings your way. Barb Drabek

genesbo said:
Going to school or work when your incontinent is difficult without heavy diapers. Iv worm both cloth and disposable diapers since birth due to Spina Bifida occulta. I now work at a local nursing home in the laundry. I have been able to hold a job dispite my loss of bladder control. Diapers have made it possible for those of us with incontinence to manage our disability.

I agree. there are other options depending on your situation. Medicine with bad side effects, plugs, bags...... invasive surgery that may or may not work. Honestly, I have found that dipers are the solution. Quick and easy once you get over the stigma.

I have found condom catheters to be easier to deal with. The ladies don't have that option, though. Indwelling catheters have a higher infection probability. I still use some absorbent because on rare occasions the condom or tube will come off that results in a minor leak.