Life update.

Archives1

Staff member
Well it has been a heck of a month. Still fighting with pain. Trying to get social securtiy and just waiting tell April to get surgery to hopefully get some relef.

Don't have a clue how bad things will be after surgery and I have to get social security figured out. My PA-C cannot believe that there is even a question of weither I should be on Social security with everything I have going on so now I just have to wait tell I get in touch with my rep.

The 15th cannot get here quick enough.

Actually, this is good news, as to progress.

Is it possible, now, to actually go to a Social Security Office? I had good luck, but I wasn't applying prior to age 65 and not for disability.
I've known quite a few people who had to fight SS for disability. There used to be a "Patient Advocate". We were even given a lawyer's card. He specialized in SS Disability. It was given to us by our employer when we got disabled. That's so our employer could get out of paying their disability as soon as SS kicked in. That's how I learned about the "patient advocate", but it was in the 1990s.

The IRS has one, and a 2-page form (form 911) plus another 2-pages of Instructions

Had to resort to CBD for pain, lately. Is that legal where you are? It works for me, anyway, at 30 mg. Helps, anyway.

Good luck, guy.

My wife and I are making the trip to Seattle for medical treatment, so wish us luck! Getting old can Suck.

ThatFLGuy,

Don't hesitate to contact your congressman/woman. They are supposed to represent you. My brother had similar SS issues and his representative was helpful. It took some time, but eventually, it was worthwhile. Yep, you have to be your own advocate if no one else is. Keep on keepin' on.

Fla guy Fighting for your health and well being every day. What strength you have.

Alas South wishing you and the wife speedy recovery and return to Alaska.

FLa guy, I went on disability and got it quickly with a group called ALLSUP. They specialize in getting disability for you, and it's not going to run you thousands of dollars, maybe a thousand at the most. Keep fighting, you paid for your Soc. Security and YOUR disability pay, they are yours! Good luck! I don't know your age, I couldn't get SS in Michigan until age 65, but I got disability at 63. I hope you can feel better.