Life’s simple pleasures...

Archives1

Staff member
This morning I was thinking about the things that are comforting, simple pleasures that make me happy. What are a couple things that bring you happiness? We all need something to look forward to when we are dealing with issues. What is a simple pleasure that makes you happy? For me, just enjoying a cup of coffee, kissing my sweetie good night or just holding hands, listening to the birds sing or seeing a family of deer in a field having breakfast or dinner or petting our little dog bring contentment and appreciation for life. Oh, and the local ice cream shop or bakery does too!
It’s nice to have all of our friends here from around the world. That also makes me happy that we have a place to chat. Thanks NAFC and sponsors😊

Sitting on the back porch watching the hummingbirds and goldfinches feed from the places my husband put up for them. My husband’s tender heart. Knowing I am loved by my husband family and dog! 🐶

Even more so, knowing that God loves me and can use me in all my uniqueness as I continue to follow him and submit to his will. Here’s a few pics from the backyard.
e085e53d9a5035644b97d4f593b9c7a5.jpg
2469e29ccb9fe2aa8b70a61725eae74d.jpg
d730d62e698bdb18df7067d8c4973913.png

Awww, puppy is so cute. He looks like our little Tyson. 😊 I got a purple red plants for our porch and we have a hummingbird that would stop by and visit them. So I saw a nice red glass and copper feeder for them and now we haven’t seen the bird since. They are so amazing and beautiful. God has really blessed us with so many neat animals.

Jim, you have an amazing gift for gratitude that spills over and touches everything

Ps love these animal pictures!!

I struggle currently to find anything that is comforting or provides me with pleasure. That said I did force myself out of the house today to do some grocery shopping and found some fresh figs. Lucky me, I'm a big fan, gave me some momentary pleasure when I don't feel like I find it often.So thank you JR for making me think about the possibilities.

Thanks Rupertino😊. Sorry you are having rough go of things. I did yesterday when we were at the grandkids little league game and I ended up leaking half way to the portapotty. So thankful I had one of the northshore heavy pads on. (Yes, guys just put the padding for the back in the front). They work really well. It happened twice and didn’t leak through to my pants. Yay! Another successful (semi) outing. And they won the ball game!

Great thread topic, jrpoorman.

These days, I'm finding a lot of enjoyment in things I used to take for granted.

It's kind of weird, but having been lucky enough to find ways to manage my incontinence almost immediately (I was really only clueless about how I was going to deal or what to expect for the first day, while I was still in the hospital ) I'm getting a huge kick out of doing things that were just a part of my daily routine before: riding my bike, running into friends at the beach or on the bike path and chatting for a bit, going to the gym, hanging out at the local university (free wifi), etc.

The reason I think it's weird (my level of appreciation for all this I mean) is that I was only under the impression that I was going to have to give most of this stuff up for a day or so. To be honest, I'm not a particularly gratitude-prone person by nature, so I would have thought the relief and gratitude would have worn off by now, but I'm really glad that it hasn't.

Something new I've started doing and really enjoying is grabbing my tablet and hiking into the nearby woods until I find a shady spot, and then just spending a cpl hours watching a movie or documentary that I've downloaded and feeding one of the bluejays that have gotten used to me being there. This was one of the coping strategies I came up with while I was still unsure how effective my incontinence-management choices were going to be. As it's turned out, even though I can live my normal life now in spite of the incontinence, I've found that spending a cpl hours a few times a week relaxing in nature does nothing but good things for my state of mind.

Thank you all for sharing. Just getting to know more about us here brings us all a little closer together as a community. That is so important these days to have a safe place where we can just be ourselves. Hope everyone has a nice week this week or a nice evening and Tuesday if a week is too far ahead. Blessed to have this community and all of you as new friends.