Level of Protection

Archives1

Staff member
So my incontince fluctuates from being moderate to full on tsunami, and recently it has been good for the past sevral days with little to no issues. I currently am just wearing the 24/7s at the moment but seems to be a little bit over kill. I would like to wear something a little bit lighter but I have had to many incedents where I either didnt have enough protection or wasn't wearing at the time and have had an embarassing accident. So my question is, should I just keep with the 24/7s or change to something lighter during this calm period.

A part of me gets nervous about thinking wearing something lighter just due to past accidents, and the fact that my wifes parents are coming down to visit us I wouldnt want something to happen when I should of been wearing the 24/7s.

@Bobaan48
I find that having a few different products of varying forms and absorbency available gives me options for those “lighter” times. My experience has taught me to ensure that even the lighter ones can take on a fairly good flood, just in case. However, when I’m at home during those lighter times I can sometimes even step down to pull-ups or even occasionally try regular underwear if it’s a rare occasion when I’m feeling especially confident I can make it to the toilet in time. In any case, it’s a gamble and one I wouldn’t take if I had company over.

@Littlejim
24/7 are a brand/type of diapers. They are actually called Confidry 24/7. They are a robust high quality brief that work exceptionally well for individuals with heavy incontinence or overnight or coverage for longer wear.

Bobaan48 Where do you order or buythe 24/7 diapers, I have been looking for better ones , but don't know where to get them. Thanks for the advice.

The best place (in my opinion) is NorthShore Care. They are amazing friendly, customer service oriented, and have very fast and discreet shipping.

Edit: also they have an auto order and ship program that saves you 5% (on top of their already excellent prices)

I get them from Northshore usually I can get them for about $1.10 a diaper with promo codes and such. Overall they are a great diaper and can last me about 4-6 hrs depending on how my bladder is acting

I would recommend maybe something moderate that’s easier to take off when needed. The Tena Flex I think it’s called. Put a booster in one of those or the Abena pull ups and you should be good to go.

Pull ups are not easy to take off. They require removal of your pants. They are also terrible for masking odor and tend to leak easily because of loose fitting leg areas.