Leaking at the legs

Archives1

Staff member
So something I always have problems with no matter if there are leak guards or not the diaper leaks at the legs. What can I do to prevent this. I diaper laying down because I cannot stand but I don’t know if this has anything to do with it

That’s the thing there is no way if I went down a size would the waist fit.
Damn having a weirdly shaped body

When i have a leak. It's usually around the legs. And at night around the sides. I learned not to max out my diaper during the day. When sleeping one can not help it. Unless you wake up and change before hand. If i wake up during the night i will change.

with the pull ups i use, i have learned how to make it conform to my body and also make sure the leak guards are in a good position. it is still not perfect and i’m not going to experiment with many brands. what i use now is satisfactory and feels comfortable and way better than my past experiences with other brands. honestly i’d be surprised if there were no leaking at all. and like i’ve said i just can’t be bundled up with something heavier duty. i’m just living this way.

My leaks are usually at the waist when sleeping. Need a high back plastic pants. Check with companies who sell plastic pants, as they can give you great advice. I highly recommend Fetware products, very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Also fair prices. Hope this helps.

I use a big washable bed pad covered with a big disposable pad with the SAP in it. Works out good. The fluff only pads make big spot and gets uncomfortable. If i roll the disposable away. The washable is a good back up. i have some plastic pants i tried. I always ended up taking them off.

Nappies leak sometimes. It is just something we have to deal with. I have my bed well protected and use a washable bed pad under a flannelette sheet. That way I stay warm and any wetness doesn't wake me.

@Stevewet Yea but they shouldn’t leak all the time. I think it’s just my body shape and something I’ll just have to deal with

EJ,
Yeah, that isn’t good. I have that happen sometimes and find it annoying also.
I picked up a trial of some pull-ups at Because.com and the sample was great but I think the rep didn’t send me the overnight ones so they have had some leg area issues a few times. That reminds me I have to call them. Have a good Thanksgiving Holiday everyone!
Kind regards,
Jim

Jim - the abenas usually don’t do it but I just can’t afford them. Plastic pants or pul pants usually keep my clothes dry if I’m wearing something non abena but I have to always remember to check the legs of them so i can wipe them off with a wipe. The abenas even leaked on me in places other than the legs so nothing is perfect

Never good when we spring a leak😱.
I’ve been using the Garywear covers and they help most of the time. They help.

I am like an old car. When you get up in the morning to start the car, the hoses leak and the engine backfires.