Leakage After Prostate Biopsy

Archives1

Staff member
I’ve had rising PSA numbers over last 5 years, to as high as 25. During that time I have undergone 4 prostate biopsies (from 3 different urologists), all negative. At this point agreement to just monitor PSA numbers every 6 months. So that’s the good news. My concern is that after the last 3 biopsies I’ve had problems with minor leakage. It got especially worse after the 3rd biopsy, and hasn’t improved in 18 months since. Leakage doesn’t seem to correspond to what I’ve eaten, or how full my bladder is. A small amount will just suddenly leak then stop. Several times a day. Has anyone else had this problem?

Do the keagle exercises fir the leakage. A PSA of is very concerning. I recommend an MRI. Surprised you Doc has not recommended one.

A 3t MRI seems to be in order If something seems suspicious a targeted biopsy with an ARTEMIS type device should follow.
If your dr/hospital doesn't have that stuff find one that does

I should have mentioned that I have had ultrasounds, conventional MRI before 3rd biopsy, and an experimental MRI at Stanford (special imaging agents) before 4th. The MRIs showed false positive readings that the subsequent targeted Biopsies did not confirm. So I have now been thoroughly sampled, and left with some minor leakage.