Kids these days. Rant

Archives1

Staff member
One of my biggest vices and de-stressers is playing video games. (Call of duty on Xbox)

What is with kids saying some of the things they do online? Like my door had to be open when I was playing as a kid and if I got caught saying what this little rugrat was saying my Xbox would have been in the trash.

Said that it is like that today.

I’m probably going to get dogpiled but as a 24 year-old, I think it’s more of a privacy thing than anything else. I have an IPad that I use for entertainment/online/games and there are definitely things I would not want my parent to see me doing.

A good example would actually be this forum just because it’s people I don’t know. I feel like I can say what I’m thinking because there’s no strong emotions in the process.

It’s also comes down to autonomy and individuation which is important for healthy development.

You're right about that rdouga1. Studies in communication bear out what you're saying. Women giving birth in a hospital who are in a room with other women share intimate things that they might never share with a family member. Forest Gump is a good example! Look at what he shared with the older woman at the bus stop etc. We feel we have nothing to lose by exposing our inner thoughts or past deeds to a stranger. That's part of why young teens get in trouble on online chat rooms.

The rugrat was saying things like "I hope so and so dies from covid"

It really upset me because I have lost people close to me from it and it got so bad that his friend told his dad, so I hope an education was given.

Damn ok that’s definitely not cool. I would never condone that, even as a teen. My apologies for not understanding the context

absolutely Covid has turned many lives upside down and too many people have lost their lives as result can't wait until the day comes and we can all put this behind us for me I have an appointment Friday to get my shot

ThatFLGuy said:
The rugrat was saying things like "I hope so and so dies from covid"

It really upset me because I have lost people close to me from it and it got so bad that his friend told his dad, so I hope an education was given.

DPCARE - I'm getting my first COVID shot Friday also. I was hoping I'd get one of the companies where you only need one shot. We'll see.

I personally would prefer the two-dose with the higher effective rate than a single dose with the lower effective rate

ritanofsinger said:
DPCARE - I'm getting my first COVID shot Friday also. I was hoping I'd get one of the companies where you only need one shot. We'll see.

I had my first shot last Tuesday and a second one on April 6. That's fine with me since the shots I'm dealing with have a good effective rate.

I don't play online or computer games.

But the more technology creeps into our life the less we communicate in person.

That is very true, @Dino and communicating in person is a lost art. But there are instances where technology allows us to communicate with those with whom we would have never known otherwise. And that's using technology judiciously and not so much as an end-all, be-all in our lives.

billliveshere said:
I had my first shot last Tuesday and a second one on April 6. That's fine with me since the shots I'm dealing with have a good effective rate.

I also got mine Tuesday and get my second on April 6th!