Keeping weak diaper tabs in place

Archives1

Staff member
How many of you have experienced your diaper tabs coming loose after you’ve put on and fit your diaper?
Whether they’re the hook and loop, or tape on style, I’ve had them come undone or rip off. Sometimes they’ve even tore the plastic diaper material itself leaving you with the absorbent fluff in your pants or bed. Yikes!

I don’t know what solutions you use, but I’ll share the one I use.
Clear transparent duct tape.
You can get it at nearly all hardware stores and Walmart etc. sometimes in the hobby art section of stores too.
It runs about $4.99 to 5.99 per roll.

Works great. I tear a piece from side to side of my hips go over the tabs when in place.
Two pieces usually does the trick.
Or even a piece around the waist like a belt to keep the diaper in place.
Affordable price, easy solution.
Best of all it is soft and flexible unlike packing tape.
Please share your experiences. I know that some brands tabs are better than others.
This works for me.
I’m including a couple pics as an example.

1b0d631c8b0f37dedda0e76f71e2bd7d.jpg
3d675ba470abb6476029077cb76bf7f1.jpg

I keep a roll of plain duct tape in my bedroom just in case the tapes don’t stick. Works well.Don’t recognize the diaper you are wearing. I use diapers with two tapes on each side.

Clear transparent duct tape will work but actually, any duct tape will work packaging tape will also work

I keep a roll of white duct tape from the dollar store in my bathroom and if I need to, I just tear off a 4 or 5 inch strip of a third or a half of the width of the roll and stick it on. It does work well, doesn't it?

I recognize the tapes on the brief you show in the picture, but not the pattern. Assuming it is the same brand I've had in the past, I always found the adhesive to be very aggressive. Have you had problems with this brand?

The diaper pictured is a betterdry Crinklz
It’s their printed version. The print is called buccaneer.

I wear the Better Dry diapers, these have the plastic backing. These tapes are good. I had some trouble when I got the medium size because the tape was very tight around my legs with them coming off. When I went to large I have not had the problem, you do not want the tape too tight. I have had some problems with store brands and others and have used duct tape.
I also have had problems with the Velcro tabs at times. Sometimes when l pull my pants on it pulls the tape off with the tape sticking to my clothes and then I leak. I feel more secure with the plastic diapers.

Anxiety,
Hi. I agree. I really like the Betterdry performance for tapes, fit, and nighttime absorbency.
For daytime I like the Tena Super clothback tabbed diaper.
They usually require the tape over the tabs to hold up throughout the active day.
I also went from wearing mediums to large for better fit.
They comfortably support a booster pad and allow me to bring the tabs to the front vs. the side. Much better fit even though the charts suggest I wear a medium.
I’m not a large person at 166-170lbs. Waist 34-35”, and yet large size diapers are a better fit all around and perform well for comfort etc..
18e9ba5d8982b53b8abb900adc486bf0.jpg

I usually use regular duct tape, the silver kind. I usually go around my waist pretty tight with it to ensure nothing slips off.