Just started

Archives1

Staff member
I’m 54 and 2 years ago i had a small insignificant accident.
2 years later i have two big Lake Ontario size accidents less than a week apart. I am so upset, Before the first incident two years ago this had not happened my entire adult life ever so i cant imagine what’s causing this. I am the picture of health workout 6 days a week and eat incredibly healthy.
I have doctor appointment tomorrow . Bought a mattress pad and had my partner buy the depends i cant believe ill be wearing them tonight

welcome! Glad you are here and taking proactive steps to stay dry and make sure your health is doing well. There are some really since and helpful people here that are going through or have gone through similar issues. Hope you check out the groups and all the resources NAFC has to offer.
Jim in MD.

Welcome. Not sure if your accidents are occurring overnight. However, if they are don’t expect depends to contain a “big Lake Ontario sized accident” (from your words- which I thought was hilarious lol as I have been there). Just wanted to give you a heads up. For those types of volumes honestly you are going to want tape on diapers - like mega max from north shore or confidry or better dry. I know this may be more disheartening however much better chance of waking up not drenched or not having a puddle around you.

I imagine this is a total whirl wind for you and I hope your doctor can give you some good news tomorrow!

Yes they are at night
all day long I’m like dry as the desert
I m really anxious to find out what’s going on thanks for the reply

Hopefully it’s just a mild uti or stress.
Jwh51 is spot on about the Northshore and others. They are excellent. Certainly better to be dry than waking up wet. 😊

Welcome! it can be scary when you first start having accidents and having to start wearing diapers is a big adjustment but it certainly isn't the end of the world there can be much worse conditions you can have and yes, by all means, have your doctor check you out as incontinence or Nocturnal Enuresis (bedwetting) can be a symptom of something worse and as others have said if your accidents are the size of Lake Ontario you may find the brand Depends inadequate the brand Depend may be the most well known because they do the most advertising but in my honest opinion Depends are pure trash there are much more absorbent and reliable brands on the market and a lot of people prefer the pull-ups the full tape on diapers off much greater protection and absorbency there are many good diapers on the market I am using Abena Abriform and I am using them 24/7 other good high-quality brands include Confidry 24/7, Molicare, Wellness Briefs, and the North Shore care line offers some good diapers their Mega-Max is one of the best I have tried as I said when you first start needing to use diapers it can be a bit scary but you do learn to live with please let us know how your Doctor visit goes and good luck to you

My bedwetting is caused by diabetic neuropathy. If I hadn't started wetting the bed again I would not have got checked out. I felt fine otherwise. The doc sent me to a urologist and I had all the tests done. It was decided I had neuropathy caused by probably being diabetic for years without knowing. I sleep in tena maxi slips, net fixing pants to keep them in place and drylife plastic pants to combat any leaks. My bed is protected with a fitted waterproof cover and I sleep on a washable bed pad or "Kylie" as they ae known here in the UK.

@Stevewet I've never got on very well with the net fixing pants. Which type do you recommend? Cheers Phil

chad - welcome. incontinence is unnerving at first for sure. wheather its bedwetting, daytime accidents, or anything else. i have a paralyzed neurogenic bladder from an accident 5 years ago. for me it came on suddenly but i had a direct cause. as others have said depends is crap. if you want to avoid frustration, i would recommend a premium diaper. if you contact northshore (http://www.northshorecare.com) they will send you samples so you can find the right product for you. i also am a heavy wetter and they have provided me with endless support to find something that works for me. definitely report back to let us know how your doctors appointment went. wishing you well...

physlink said:
@Stevewet I've never got on very well with the net fixing pants. Which type do you recommend? Cheers Phil
I'm using the tena ones supplied with my pads from the NHS supply chain at the moment they are fine. I wear ino pants over them as well to keep everything in place when out and about.