just started with oxybutynin

Archives1

Staff member
wondering if anyone knows how long before i begin to have better control of peeing now that im using oxybutynin. also, of course, wondering if this med really works. taking my particular conditon in account, i worry if ths med with help the problem or will i be peeing less?

i dont really like taking meds. then again i don’t really like wearing incontinence underwear. tbc

I'm sorry to say that Oxybutynin did not help me any. Not that it would have since my problem is neurogenic.

ive been on just 3 days. ironically it seems worse today but they say it takes a few weeks to start doing its job. i hate the idea of dry mouth and dry eyes. i don’t want to be in a situation where i have to take remedies for side effects. i’ll still go a few weeks though. not into surgery or injections. so living as is may need to be an option.

I would say give it a couple of weeks. I was taking Vesicare and that worked decently for me but insurance stopped covering it and I couldn't afford to pay full price so they switched me to Oxybutnin. It took a few weeks before I could feel a difference. For me, it did not work as well as the Vesicare. I am currently trying pelvic floor therapy and if that isn’t enough will trial Interstim.