Just in case?

Archives1

Staff member
Are there those of you that wear a diaper just in case? It has been a year since my prostatectomy and diverticulotomy, and I still am afraid to venture too far without wearing a diaper. I have tried at home with little success. I'm afraid I would be very anxious if I would go unprotected in public knowing that an accident could happen. I doubt if I will ever be totally diaper free.

I almost always have a diaper with me or on where ever I go for emergency but the worst situations always crop up when i don't have on something big enough or not at all. It scares me to no end indeed.

Ditto on the Depends... also 3 - 4 times a day. Had my prostate removed about 6-1/2 months ago and I think my leakage problem is getting a little better. If it eventually stops after a year, I will be happy with that. Still doing kegels and I think that has helped with my control issues.

Had the surgery in July and still leaking a lot! I depend on Depends, doing kegels, and keeping my fingers crossed that I stop leaking so I can begin radiation.

@Damp
OAB is an unpredictable thing. So for most activities, I am good - no protection. I make sure I know the facilities. That said, work is another matter. I am in the banquet business and at busy times there is not an opportunity to interrupt customer serving tasks for a break. So ... just in case I wear a diaper.

Bit of a different situation but here is my comment on 'just in case'. I wet the bed occasionally and when I am in a situation where there is a 'just in case' possibility I wear protection. This is mostly when I am traveling and not sleeping at home. I'll wear protection then, just in case. So to be proactive wearing protection makes sense. Do what you need to feel confident and happy.