Irritation

Archives1

Staff member
I’m sure it’s been talked about before but can’t find anything about the subject. I’m 13 months after surgery still leaking or should say seeping enough to keep me irritated and sometimes bleeding I have tried creams and powder nothing seems to help any advice would be appreciated.

I use the Target brand diaper rash cream. Need to change your products as soon as possible after you wet. Keep it as clean and dry as possible.

Try using some polysporin, or neosporin on the irritated area at this point.
I recommend good old fashioned Boudreaux brand butt paste.
It’s one of the best protection out there. Available everywhere.
72368091f2243ee7315973e4cf7d4669.jpg

@donhand1 Have you considered condom catheters? I can’t imagine anyone wearing pads or diapers doesn’t have this problem.

Contrary to popular belief it pays not to wait for the diper or a pad to be soaked. I use fold up 3 paper towel separating diper/pad from private parts and the moment moisture is detected paper towels are changed for fresh / dry ones. After shower I use ordinary antiperspirant to keep it nice and clean. So far I never had skin problems .

I know my skin has had reactions to certain brands. I don’t use any creams or lotions. I just sprinkle powder generously inside the diaper before putting it on. I use a variety of different brands, but they are all high absorbency diapers that will last me an 8-9 hour work day. I might get a slight rash once or twice a year.

Also, showering daily with a mild body soap is paramount.

I do appreciate your quick response going to try some of the suggestions. It makes it more difficult when you have to walk around sore and family doesn’t understand.

I am not circumsised so the tip of my penis gets irritated even with small leaks. It was so frustrating at the beginning (after prostate surgery)but I started using Penaten baby diaper rash cream and no more irritation. If I stop for more than 2 days I am back to the irritation so I clean and put new Penaten every morning and night and carry a small container with me so I can add a bit more during the day if I need to. No more irritation!!!
Hope this helps!

Condom catheters don't always work. If you have a heavy, fast,void,the catheter could come off, and you'll wind up pissing yourself.

@donhand1

I use few different things when I get like that.

The best is Dr. Smiths Adult Incontinence spray (Hard to find and expensive right now) it is an anti-dermatological spray. Jock itch spray works well for this too, then cover with a good barrier cream.

I use

Aveeno Baby Eczema therapy cream

Boogie Diaper spray

And last

I use Tena Care cleaning cream

If you are getting bleeding like you say then I would look into something with anti-dermatological in it. Staph infection in you nether bits are never fun, (Been there, done that)