Introduction

You all know that phrase "It beats the alternative?" Well, to me, it says they don't really care, they don't know so they want to avoid admitting that, they're in charge and you are ignorant, and we're going to make the decisions for you. Some of them don't mean it that way, but they ought to teach 'em in medical school not to use that phrase. If i have "DNR" on my chart, that's my business. If we want the details of what they did to us, we are entitled, and no phony Latin. Under "accessibility" rules, we are entitled to a translator, darn it! I suppose it is counter to the oath they take, and the spirit that convinced them to go through all those years of nursing school, or whatever. So i have some sympathy. But they aren't putting themselves in our shoes. Hey! I'm getting good at coining phrases.
Boy, am i getting into rants, lately. But you all out here are probably as tired of not getting answers as I am.

@JoJoJo

Don't let them get away with generic cookie cutter language. Generic cookie cutter language is used to cover up something. Go to the med records or patient advocate department and request an audit or file a formal complaint

I appreciate everyone’s concern. I mentioned the retention after surgery as an anecdotal note of the only other time I had urinary problems prior to the past few years. The 5 surgeries I had were at 2 different hospitals with 3 different surgeons and 5 different anesthesiologists and it happened to me every time. The surgical notes I have were not obtained by me, but by another institution I went to for evaluation and once they scanned them in they gave them to me to keep. There is a lot of literature on urinary retention after survey: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19352147/?i=2&from=/19825487/related
I am more relating the fact that my body reacted to it every time and was this a precursor to the peripheral neuropathy. Might the surgeries have affected me differently because of my predisposition? Perhaps, but I don't think there was anything malicious going on.
I am not a defender of bad medicine. On the contrary, I am trying to become a patient advocate. This is my writing. https://melecavoigt.com/youre-not-wrong-to-wonder-if-doctors-believe-you/
So, again, I truly appreciate the concern and caring towards me, especially as a new member, but I don’t think the rabbit hole of the type of anesthesia is where I need to go. I am more concerned that my body has had difficulty awakening the nerves used to urinate as far back as my first surgery in 2003. ❤️ thanks for all the love!