Incontinent

Archives1

Staff member
3 years after a prostate removed via robot surgery still using one pad a day sometimes two have tried drugs duloxetine and toldertine both very very bad side effects anyone else had similar experience text[/b]

I had physical therapy for incontinence by a therapist who had experience with incontinence therapy and had good results and improvement. This was 1 year after my robotic prostatectomy. I urge you to try it, but get a therapist who has experience in this area.

I'd go for the physical therapy as well, especially after three years. And it goes without saying to find a therapist who has had a lot of experience in with it. If possible, do ask for recommendations.

I tried duloxetine. I do think it helped some, but I had terrible ringing in my ears, and it made me jumpy and gave me really weird dreams!! I stopped it after 4-5 months.

If you are down to one pad a day you may have hit your peak as far as recovery, particularly since you are 3 years removed from surgery. But you should definitely get with a pelvic floor PT and get into a Kegel routine

I’ve taken Duloxetine for five years, though I take it for ADHD and depression. It’s a stimulating medication because of the way it affects norepinephrine, so it definitely makes me pee more. I’d happily take a higher dose of it weren’t for that side effect.
I can imagine it can really disturb people - the stimulating effect, that is. It makes it harder for me to sleep and it makes me hot, which I don’t appreciate.

@cmulwee Did Duloxetine decrease your incontinence? I sure wish it did for me!!!

Tolterodine does have intolerable side effects like most of the incontinence medications. Sigh.

@snow I do think the Duloxetine did have a slight positive effect on my incontinence, but honestly when I was trying it I was still healing (and improving) from a prostate laser treatment, so it's hard to say how much effect the Duloxetine had.

I do know I have bad side effects, so I stopped taking it for that reason

@cmulwee Thanks! Sorry it gave you bad side effects. I would probably stop taking it if it didn’t help my lumbar scoliosis pain so dramatically.