Ignorant Friends

Archives1

Staff member
I live with two of my friends and sometimes I wet the bed.What I'm not sure of is if they know and just ignore it or they are just oblivious. Also,should I bring it to their attention?

Do what I do. Sleep on washable plastic-backed mini bed covers and wash them separately from your other laundry when you accumulate a few. This way you don’t have to keep changing the sheets every time you wet the bed.

I personally don’t see any reason to share this information with them. As long as you are able to take care of it all yourself without help from anyone else, i can’t imagine why you would unless these are very close trusted friends and your just wanting to talk about it with them for some reason. More than likely they haven’t noticed and have there own things going on in life.

You can also use a spray I found at Walmart called nature’s miracle. It eliminates urine and other biologic odors amazingly well. It’s in the pet isle at Walmart. It also removes the stains. Great spray product. Been using it for years. Then your friends won’t know. You can spray it on wet clothes too.😊👍 hope this helps. If they notice just say you leaked. It happens sometimes.

well the way I see it unless they say something about it I don't think it really is any of their business

If they know and ignore it, then they are mature adults. If they’re oblivious then no need to tell them.

@mayrihyam I would say that if your friends have noticed but have not said anything then no need to bring up. If they are oblivious then no need to say anything either. It's your matter and you are dealing with it.

Now if, for your own piece of mind, you would feel more comfortable if you knew for sure that your friends knew and were okay with it then maybe tell them. But only if it is what you want to do, not because you feel you have to.

I could see that if you are sneaking wet sheets and clothes to wash in the morning or if you wear protection stressed about disposing of them you may want to let them know. But aging if it is an issue that you want to and feel comfortable in brining up with them.

Otherwise just keep doing your thing and not worry.