If you drink a gallon of water a day...

Archives1

Staff member
You wont have time for other people's drama because youre too busy peeing!
Stay hydrated my friends.
Quote from Anonymous on Facebook

I’ve often been asked, “what do you old folks do now that you’re retired?” “Well, I’m fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and vodka into urine. I do it every day and I really enjoy it.”

Yes, a Gastro, wanted me to drink 140 ounces per day, so I looked at her, and said,,, have you read my history? She said yes I "gleaned" it. I replied, if you did, you would know I have issues. Do you know what they are, she stubbled miss smarty pants open my history, she stumbled verbally, as she did, I said, I think this appointment is over. I left.

She said in her notes, she gave me a physical exam, she must have given someone else that.

Moving on, my goal is to drink 64 ounces of filtered water daily.

Hey Boomersway! If you have Insurance, or even "just" Medicare, consider report her. To my mind, it's Insurance fraud. It is hard, and hard enough, to get help for our conditions. Or you could report her to her "practice" or even to her medical authorities. We read far too many times on this blog of ignorant and uncaring doctors. Thank you for walking out. Don't know if she learned from the experience, but i hope some of our fellow-travelers do!
I had an appointment - follow up - from brain surgery. Wasn't warned in advance that the surgeon and his PA were tied up with emergency surgery. Okay, i understand "emergency". What i don't understand is being assigned a nurse - who apparently wasn't even a neurosurgery nurse, and who hadn't even read my file. Maybe never given time to read it. It was obvious she was scared, but in her defense, at least she didn't pretend to know anything.
I guess the doctor could have been honest and said something like: Our modern political and bureaucratic medical system no longer allows me time to read a patient's file. That might not even qualify for Florence Nightgale's guiding principle on "excuses", so it might be an acceptable answer. Honest, too. To hear a doctors' explanation of why she had to quit, read "Sideways Rain", by Nancy Elliot Syndam. It's a good read, for sure. It explains a lot about the modern medical system; and what Doctoring should be. She, at least, is inspiring, but not many doctors are going to have the opportunity she did.
When the "survey" arrived from the Institute asking for my opinion of the visit, they got the truth, however unpalatable it was to them. I signed it (an "option" on the form). You make change by making waves. Even if seems like ripples in the greater scheme of things.
Maybe i should change my blog name to "Ripple".
P.S. My Physical Therapist knew when to tell me honestly that she believed we'd reached the limit of what PT could do. So did the GP doctor who referred me to the Urologist. We'd tried a lot of things, discussed the "least likely" options. I think patients appreciate honest, as unpalatable as it might be. I do, anyway.
Ah nuts. You hit one of my hot button issues. sorry, my friend.

@Boomersway There has been several times especially if my doctor is way behind where during the questioning phase of the exam she asks how many times a night I get up to go to the bathroom. I just smile at her and say "none but I think I pee a couple times a night." She laughs and apologizes. She's been my doctor for over 20 years, we have a very good relationship. She knows my history very well. But I can understand how doctors like your gastro doc can be very frustrating.

@AlasSouth I honestly plan to give her another chance, and if that doesn't work, I simply discuss her with my PCP, and she will not refer any of her patients, or others from our local clinic. That is if this justifiable.
This is why I have bonded with my PCP. As if she is a very good Dr. I surely don't want to ruin a reputation, over a 13 min appointment.
Thank you for your input
Boomer

@Alpit I sense your respect and connection you also have with your PCP, as I have seen my PCP rushed for my annual physical that I make months in advance. (This has only happen once) But she realized I felt that a lot was missing from this appointment, and at my next appointment that was suppose to be short, got to be longgg!

Enjoyed your comments Alpit.
Boomer