Ic vs prostatis vs what the ...,,,

Archives1

Staff member
I started having day time problems a week ago, night problems for years. I thought it was uti, since I am going a lot, have pain as my bladder fills, having leakage, and having severe difficulty urinating. I went to pcp today, all symptoms, ran tests::: no infection. Of course I didn’t get the info until later, so couldn’t ask questions. I am waiting for urologist appt. reading on line it could be ic, or prostatis. I’m not really sure.

My brother had recurring prostate infections that were negative on urinalysis and not sure if anything found on culture. But he responded tremendously to a 6 week program of doxycycline, symtom free in 3 days. Doxy is not a drug of choice in what Ive read but is used quite often, successfully. With doxy you have to be very careful as it makes you very photosensitive...ie you can get a sunburn from Hell. Cipro is another antibiotic used but i just tell the docs Im allergic to it lest they get pissed because it can cause spontaneous ligament/tendon rupture. As a DVM I wont touch it for myself as I hike, lift, kayak. I use it in dogs a lot but not if they are working, active dogs that might stress their ligaments and rupture them.

read up online Prostatis is a umbrella term. There are 3 or 4 kinds I believe. IC seems to have a lot of pain but they share they symptoms only a doc i guess can tell and even then its all about how you respond to said treatment. I read somewhere the antibiotics are ineffective on IC.

I've had prostatis for along time is somewhat painful antibiotics usually cure it.I once read of one man who they removed his prostate due to so many.