I have to pee every hour

Whipster,

Tell us a little more about your situation. How long post RP are you? Any complications or pre-existing conditions? How old are you?

For most of us we leaked like a sieve the first few weeks after surgery. There was no control and consequently no urge to pee every hour.

@Whipster Like @Greensleeves351 mentioned, some people are on here because of post-surgery issues, and others like myself are on here for other incontinence reasons. I don't pee every hour... I back up then gush, unless I am able to control my sphincter, due to a constricted urethra.

@Whipster;

Welcome to the NAFC. I long the days I would go every hour.

But I am here to validate your feelings. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Right now, I am experiencing 20-30 minute hold times. But daily, I use the bathroom. I pushing myself so that I am hoping I am not constantly in pain. The urges is like a constant ache underneath the naval.

Most people on here with RP post surgery suffer from no loss - so decreased loss is even more of a sign of hope for your future to get back full control of your life.

I have oab syndrome with symptoms of urge incontinence; which means sometimes on very very bad days (which luckily knock on wood hasn't been lately - just pain and urgency) I will have 7-15 minute hold times where I will wear a pad and relax my muscles to stop the intense pain.

Nobody should have to live with bladder conditions. My symptoms (it seems mentally and physically) worsen at night - which is something I wanted to ask as well. Have you noticed worsening symptoms laying down or when relaxed?

I wear underwear briefs during the day which I still unfortunately have a dribble condition (which I think most men on here do too) - but wear Tranquility product at night.

No one is the wiser, please don't feel ashamed and embarrassed and feel free to reach out to one of us or express your thoughts and feelings. We've all been there.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

dalexwitte said:
I pee all the time. Dr. Once told me do you drink a lot. I said yes. He said you will pee a lot.

True in some regards. My urologist told me to stay hydrated; anyway I can. It helps loss of bladder control. For the OP - I think the trauma to the muscles during surgery may have held up better than most men; but is not strong enough to handle what he is used to holding.

Overall, I just want to say is please don't be down about this. It's on my mind alot because I feel defeated as sometimes you get the urge to go again after you've already gone - so it feels pointless.

But strength comes in many forms - regardless of our weaknesses.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@Whipster If you have just had the catheter removed, then the frequent urge to pee is common. You will likely notice marked improvement over the next several weeks, and then more gradual progress after that. For a while, you may even think your progress has plateaued. Don't lose faith, though. Keep up the exercises, and try to be as active as possible with the proper supports in place. Right after surgery, I didn't think the incontinence would ever get better. But, it did. It's been 14 months since my surgery, and I still wear padding every day and sleep with a bed pad every night mostly for peace of mind than for any incontinence I'm likely to experience. Full continence can take a while to return. Be kind and patient with yourself.

I am about 3 weeks post RP surgery and about 2 weeks post catheter and I too go pee every hour. I leak in between, but found going every hour or so helps with that. If I wait, I leak more and when I stand to go to the bathroom, I leak more. If I go to the bathroom every hour or so, I have much more control - less the longer I wait. It gets old going to the bathroom that often, but it is better than the alternative and I hope, like most here have said, that the bladder heals, can hold more longer and gets better over time - gets me down, but trying to stay realistic!

The thing that is annoying is that even after I JUST go, it feels almost immediately like I have to go again! A break would be nice, but again, hopefully it gets better over time. It feels like I am ALWAYS ON GUARD - trying to PREVENT it - can't relax much. Oh well, the battle goes on!

Take care & +God+bless+!!!

iuwogeo said:
I am about 3 weeks post RP surgery and about 2 weeks post catheter and I too go pee every hour. I leak in between, but found going every hour or so helps with that. If I wait, I leak more and when I stand to go to the bathroom, I leak more. If I go to the bathroom every hour or so, I have much more control - less the longer I wait. It gets old going to the bathroom that often, but it is better than the alternative and I hope, like most here have said, that the bladder heals, can hold more longer and gets better over time - gets me down, but trying to stay realistic!

The thing that is annoying is that even after I JUST go, it feels almost immediately like I have to go again! A break would be nice, but again, hopefully it gets better over time. It feels like I am ALWAYS ON GUARD - trying to PREVENT it - can't relax much. Oh well, the battle goes on!

Take care & +God+bless+!!!

I can relate to this in the sense that during the day when I get "bladder surges" and am in pain; it is like enduring pain just to make it to the bathroom. Sometimes I will lay in bed which relaxing worsens the symptoms - and struggle to hold as the pressure and pain are like hand in hand. In those few cases I will wear protection when laying down so that I am not uncomfortable.

I try to strive to wear underwear so that I can feel like an adult. I'm in my late 20s now; so the condition started in my mid 20s; but I still consider myself a young adult.

But don't be afraid to wear underwear for it. I suppose I should take my own advice (I wear at night; but really push to use the restroom during the day).

You are doing better than I was when mine first started.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I pee every half-hour when I take my water pill. This goes on for about six hours or so. I have to time this so I have bathroom access, or I will pee
Myself. A few times I didn't make it

I haven’t had prostate surgery, but I have had a few catheters and can attest to the bladder irritation that they can cause. After a six+ week stint with one I had go every 30 minutes for the first day, and far more frequently than normal for several days thereafter. I hope it eases up for you!