I’m really sorry

Archives1

Staff member
Hey guys,

I’m sorry that I didn’t believe you. In my previous post, I was worried that my neurologist would not approve of my decision to wear briefs/diapers. However, I just got an email back saying that it was a good idea. I am surprised but thankful because I am less insecure. I hope you guys are not judgmental of me for doubting you.

Rory

Its part of your journey to self acceptance living with a level of incontinence, you have nothing to be sorry about!

Lol Rory again you are overthinking this. And no need to apologize. And this site was created to remove the judgement and create a safe space for people to come and discuss things.

I am very happy for you that your neurologist said what most of us said they would for your own sake and it confirms you are with good company with your neurologist.

And this site is doing for you what it was intended to do so that makes me very happy as well.

And I am sure you feel much better too!!

With love ❤️ and happiness for you Rory.

Cheers.

Jason

Do what pleases you and what makes you feel comfortable.This forumis marvelous,you people give me ideas and hope,and I do believe that we will get better.The mind is something mysterious,put it into your mind often that you will be better,it will work,take care

NOT AT ALL I am happy to hear that things well you, we all have to go through our own adjustment and acceptance of needing protection and until you're faced with it you don't have any understanding of how difficult it can really be to understand and accept and it sounds like you just took a big step to accept your position once again I am happy to hear that it went well for you and now you can accept and use your protection with a little more ease of mind

rdouga1 said:
Hey guys,

I’m sorry that I didn’t believe you. In my previous post, I was worried that my neurologist would not approve of my decision to wear briefs/diapers. However, I just got an email back saying that it was a good idea. I am surprised but thankful because I am less insecure. I hope you guys are not judgmental of me for doubting you.

Rory

Hi Rory. No need to apologize for anything here. We are completely non-judgmental and supportive. The thing is to do what makes you feel comfortable in taking care of your problem in the way that works best for you and the way you see fit. We all have different ways of coping and I think everyone here is supportive of whichever way you choose to make things work for you. After all you made your own decision to wear briefs and as long as you're comfortable with that then that's the only thing that counts. But don't worry about what your neurologist may or may not say. You are helping yourself but it is good that you feel less insecure about your decision. So just keep on with what works best for you!!

Rory,

As others have said, YOU do what's best for YOU. If/when you find a certain product that works best for you, go with it.... And sometimes, your choices will change with time.

Even among incontinent people, there's often disagreement about what product is best for each person. One person wants a thin pull-up that has to be changed every hour, another person wants a thicker disposable diaper that will last for 8 hours. And another person wants a cloth diaper / plastic pants combo that can be washed and re-used. I've tried all three of these products, and found what works best for me, in each situation.

The important thing is, YOU are the person dealing with your problem, so if the way you're dealing with it works good for you, then don't let others tell you it's the wrong way.

Yes we all find the best compramise for our selves. I wear pads or slips with net fixing pants to keep them in place and always wear padded inco pants over them

Hey Rory,
No need to apologize whatsoever! We have all been through a variety of stages both mentally & physically dealing with incontinence, and the protection that goes along with it. When I went in to have the tumor removed from my spine last year my neurosurgeon, when I asked to simply use my own diapers as apposed to another indwelling catheter and potential urinary infection told me he wished they could get all of his patients to utilize them during surgery as more of his patients suffer complications from urinary infections than from the surgery itself! He told me this stigma is so strong many of his patients that suffer spinal cord injuries find dealing with incontinence one of the hardest things to adapt to. He also informed me that if I want any sleep, bring my own diapers as the hospital diapers are junk and with all the IV’s I’d need them!
Currently I’m in a full knee brace, thigh to calf just like you’d see a football QB wearing. That thing causes me more grief than the diapers, but no stigma on knee braces right? They both help me live life to the best of my ability, the diapers are just far more comfortable and nobody can see them, really!
Take good care!

physlink said:
@Stevewet just out of interest, which type of padded inco pants do you use? Cheers Phil
Kedall and Gammell pants. They look like ordinary men's underwear but have padded piece in them with a waterproof backing.