Hygiene diaper question

So I always shave with a long hair trimmer so that maybe 2-5mm remain. This has the effect that you can clean up much better and the hair does not start to smell. If you leave something standing, you also minimize the risk that the hair grows in or the hair root is inflamed.

Therefore - I would recommend this in the case of absorbent incontinence aids - even if there are certainly very different opinions on the subject in general.

It is a known thing that doing so reduces smell down there. I always shave personally, but in addition if you are worried, carry wipes with you. I typically use feminine wash at the end of the day as well to smell "fresh" before bed, and anyone can do the same. Hair traps the urine smell is the way I can most basically explain it, and also less hair=easier cleanup.

All of these ideas make a lot of sense although I haven't given it a lot of thought for myself but these are excellent reasons!

There is a product I use called Lume deodorant.
It comes asa tube or stick and a tiny amount about the size of a green pea provides a bacteria vonntrol and can be used on every inch of tge ext e nal private parts with a effective quality for up to 72 hours.
They make body wash and bar soap too but not as effective although sensitive skin friendly and a laundry product for spot cleaningstuff like shirt armpit areas on bed sheets pads

Lumedeo.net is the website

I use nair hair remover. Works excellent. Depending on how long I let it grow back, approx once a month works for me.
I will say though, be careful. If you find you are sensitive or you leave it on to long you can get "burned".
I am able to use it on all "parts" without issue.
Use at your discretion
In addition I use wipes at each change and always use baby powder inside the pullup/diaper.

I do both options either shave or trim, or trim and then shave.

I find sometimes my skin gets sensitive to the shaving and then get a bunch of the razor bumps right along my waist. I now use an after shaving acid which does seem to help immensely with the razor burn / bumps. I guess like anything else on this journey it’s mostly guess and test and see what works for yourself.

A couple years back I have even gone for laser hair removal in my pubic areas but of course that wasn’t ever 100% successful lol even after 8 treatments. ;) oh well

But forsure if you are a person with lots of pubic hair trimming it back and or shaving helps immensely in terms of smell and just cleanup. And helps greatly especially if you have to ever deal with bowel incidents. :)

Just from my own experience I can truly say that. But like anything everyone is going to be different.

Cheers

Jason

Not for smell (don’t notice a difference) but for practicality and skincare reasons - find applying creams and talc much quicker and easier and that I get fewer rashes as both go directly on the skin.

I don’t shave or trim. I don’t have much hair down below anyway. I rarely use cream or powder. I just use wipes in between changes.

may941 said:
There is a product I use called Lume deodorant.
It comes asa tube or stick and a tiny amount about the size of a green pea provides a bacteria vonntrol and can be used on every inch of tge ext e nal private parts with a effective quality for up to 72 hours.
They make body wash and bar soap too but not as effective although sensitive skin friendly and a laundry product for spot cleaningstuff like shirt armpit areas on bed sheets pads

Lumedeo.net is the website

I’ve seen Lume advertisements on Facebook. Always wondered if it worked. Good to hear from someone who uses it. I’m not a stinky person thank goodness.