Huge Update. Finally some great news.

Archives1

Staff member
Today around 1 pm I got an updated evaluation from my insurance for my disability. This, according to what was sent was done without the need for other documents from doctors.

My insurance has determined that I will remain on long-term disability with the same benefits that I get now until such time as I get social security no matter the time that takes.

This is a huge thing because now I do not have to worry about financial security moving foward. This is the better of the outcomes that I was facing as it is the one that grants income until I get social security and also will keep me at the rate that I get right now if social security does not pay out enough. It is thanks to paying into this insurance with a protection plain as well.

This is huge and my whole family is very happy with this outcome.

Now I can take a breath and not worry about paperwork and other things just to be able to live.

You certainly deserve all the help and peace of mind the institutions can offer you. CONGRATULATIONS!
Next, feel well, what ever that looks like....

This was the first year of my life that I worked for a corporation just because of their corporate benefits. All of the benefits go with me at my current rate for the rest of my life, no matter when I leave the company, which I’m doing soon because I’ve had it with mandatory 20 hour workdays and illegally unpaid overtime. It was worth it to be an adult and get those policies. So you were smart to do something similar, also, way back when.

@FLguy,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a HUGE WIN!! I can well imagine what you’ve been going through. You needed & deserved a win with all this stuff. It really ticks me off when they attempt to fight this stuff, especially when they gladly took your money out of your paychecks without fail!
I hope you and your loved ones celebrate this win, you haven’t seemed to get many throughout everything you’ve been through!

PS I hope your family down in Florida is all safe!

Small update. They just called me from my doctors office to tell me that they filled out the paperwork but they are holding it for me because part of it I have to fill out. Meaning that they never sent it in. (My part was already done electronically but I didn't tell them that) so now I have a big opertunity to go get the paperwork and see just what my doctor was willing to say. Again, doesn't matter because I already got maxed out. But I will be information on what I do next because if my insurance maxed me out but my doctor didn't say what he was should have then I will be going to the main hospital today and raising my issues with them.

@FL guy,

Just a word of caution as I have a number friends and family involved in medicine and knowing what you’ve already gone through, as well as what you’re facing, someone on the medical staff may have known exactly how to code it to get you your maximum benefits. Each body part down to your individual toe nails & obviously smaller bits have their own part number no different than a car. As does each & every procedure. If someone knows which codes to enter to make sure to get you through, then they might have done exactly that on your behalf. So if you want, go ahead and ask anything you want, but I wouldn’t put the weight of a diagnosis or treatment plan on a group of numbers used for insurance paperwork, as one may differ greatly from reality…
I can’t believe this is the same person I chatted with a couple years back, you are really on top of things now! Great Job!