Howdy

justej

Hey all Im Eli. I have been incontinent since January 3rd of 2015 when I fell down an escalator, broke my leg in 4 places and paralyzed my bladder. Since then I have 8 surgeries on my leg, all failed, and I ended up having my right leg amputated below the knee. Regarding my IC, I have done intermittent cathing, had a SPC, and decided the infections and discomfort were not worth it. I wear tabbed diapers (shoutout to Northshore for the best products and support!) And just try to go about my life the best I can. In 2022 I had a botched total knee replacement on my left leg and have been in a wheelchair since then. (I have been a wheelchair user off and on since my accident but full time since 2022). I also have complex regional pain syndrome from the knee replacement. I have a home health aide that helps me with daily needs. Incontinence is a struggle as someone in constant pain and who cant walk, but honestly its the least of my worries with everything else going on and is manageable with my aides help.

Enough rambling!

Hey ThatFLGuy! Nice to see ya around!

Hi Eden98! I'm doing as well as I can. Ive got some great friends and family as support and that helps.
The new Forum is kind of Mah but seems to be better at some things. I am still on Incontinence support center's forum as well but don't post much at all there.

There are some start up issues that should have been sorted - and I think most people (that are not lagging behind on web apps normally) have had stupid issues. I had challenges connecting from Edge, but managed to log in with Chrome. Not a big deal - I use both, but for others it may be more of an issue. And the first week-end, all my log-in sessions were hanging… But gradually it will probably be the new normal? Good to see activity here anyway :)