How much a night verses the day.. Bed Wetting

Archives1

Staff member
My question is how much output do other have at night verses the day. Right now I am going almost 15 times a day and at night I can seem to be close to filling a Dry 24/7 with an Abena Max booster. I had hug output pre-surgery but never flooded what I where at night like I have been lately. One thing to note is that my water intake is up but not that much. I am at around 80 oz of water per day and that includes hot tea. I just know that my diaper in the morning is very wet. Does anyone else flood through out the night like I am??

I use an external catheter with a drainage bag for my husband and know for a fact that he can eliminate 2 quarts at night and minimal during the day. On nights that he cannot use the catheter, I've changed the diaper liner 4 times.

Do the doctors have anything to say about that?
I actually feel okay - until i sit up or stand up from bed. Then the urge hits big-time. Not sure what i did to nearly eliminate the night-time issue. "we" both get up 3-5 times a night, though. Pee, feed the wood stove, pee, go back to bed. Maybe that lowers my issue.

I wet more at night than I do during the day. During the day I drip and dribble in to my inco pad or slip but rarely flood where as at night I soak my tena maxi slip to the point of leaking in to my plastic pants.

2 factors come to mind
One is medications as part of surgery and anesthetic being flushed or if catheterized in the hospital seems to confuse the plumbing.
The other is the body sheds all sorts of toxins from the day via bodily fluid sweat skin shed and muscle relaxation.
Thank you Dr Maymay, thank you verrry much said Elvis as he passed out on his guilded throne.

I feel I go more during the day but I am able to change and at night I’m usually very wet in the morning but not at the point of leaking so I will usually have coffee and watch a little news before taking a shower and changing as I usually leak quite a bit in the mornings. So overall I’d say I leak more during the day.

I only have bed wetting episodes while I’m dreaming. As soon as I start using it in the dream I jolt up and rush to the restroom. I’m not in continent at all during the day, nor do I have urges to go multiple times throughout the day. I usually have to pee 1-3 times before I get home to get ready for bed and then I pee once right before bed. My bed wetting is intermittent, I can go days with being dry and bed wet once and go several more days being dry. This has been happening for 6 years now and I believe it has gotten more frequent in the last 2 years versus before where I could go months and practically forget I had the issue of bed wetting. Now I can count on at least one episode a week. Sometimes when it happens during the dream I bed wet,wake up pee after just bed wetting and literally go right back to sleep and dream again and pee again to wake up and use the bathroom again. I don’t usually bedwet twice like that but somehow it does happen and mostly within an hour or two after the last episode. Can anyone relate? I’m 28 years old

@AZincon I am borderline or pre-diabetes I think they call it. You think this could explain my pattern of wetting? I guess that could also explain why I get infections? Thanks for the question, I will have to get tested again. Cheers Phil

Once your blood glucose reaches 180 glucose starts spilling into the urine. You start to pee more to get rid of the excess sugar in your body.

Thanks for the information. I shall have to find out about my glucose level. Are you in medical profession? Maybe glucose readings are taken more often in the US? Cheers Phil

As a bedwetter only I guess I fall in the wet more at night than day. LOL. For me when I do bedwet it is not a flood. Judging by the wet area on the bed and wetness of my clothes I'd stay I pee more during a bathroom break during the day or about the same as one pee episode during the day.

physlink said:
Thanks for the information. I shall have to find out about my glucose level. Are you in medical profession? Maybe glucose readings are taken more often in the US? Cheers Phil

Yes I am a paramedic

It as becoming incontinent and enuretic that prompted me to go to the Doctors. I found out I was diabetic and probably had been for some time.

@physlink you should be able to find a glucometer (used to take blood sugar readings) at your local pharmacy. No prescription is required (at least in the states) but over here a prescription can help convince the insurance company to pay part of the cost.

I got out of the habit of taking mine regularly and I paid the price for it. I'm getting back in control of my diabetes, but it's hard.

@Squander thanks for the advice. I have some shopping to do tomorrow, so I will look for a meter. I am also due to see my doctor in a couple of weeks and will ask about an up to date HBA1C test. My last one was borderline diabetes. Cheers Phil