Hotel diapers

Archives1

Staff member
At a work conference and staying at a luxe hotel for 2 nights.

Heres what 2 days in diapers looks like at a hotel...

I used to hide these away. Now i unpack them.

#noshame #fightthestigma #confidence

Nevermind i guess. Cant seem to get pic to load.

Just imagune a hotel dresser drawer stuffed full of diapers lol

Not long ago, when traveling, I would take great pains to not discard any of my waste pull-ups and/or diapers in the trash for the room I was staying in. Now, I discard my incon padding in my hotel room trash (usually neatly bagged to help the cleaning staff a bit). At any rate, I've moved from being pretty shy to not worrying what they think.

As an airline pilot I will say I just use the bag from the ice bucket and place in the trash. Neither the airline or hotel has ever contacted me about a complaint.

@paace unfortunatley i have way too many diapers for that.

I bring a black trashbag and by the tine housekeeping comes there are 5 or 6 diapers in there.

A handful of times ive done this i have come back to the room at night to find a waterproof sheet on the bed under the regular sheet. Its kind of embarrassing but its also nice that theyre incon aware and provide bedding protection. Only happened in a handful of hotels.

Luckily I'm in a different hotel in a different city every night. Except on the rare occasion like this week, I'm in Kansas City 2 nights in a row, and its the same hotel.

Travel is a pain with incontinence

Finally back in my hotel room after 2 days of nonstop networking, meetings, avoiding sales people from vendors, dinners and cocktail receptions.

This is my first conference like this since being in diapers. My previous job never required this. I had my laptop in my backpack and several diapers. Managed to find an out of the way bathroom at the far end of the resort away from the main conference events. I was prepared though if necessary to change in any bathroom.

Next year ill try to get a room in the resort that hosts the event. I was in another really nice resort a few miles away in laguna beach. If i had been able to stay at the conference resort i could have avoided the need to carry a bunch of diapers around in a backpack. But a lot of people had bags for their laptops so it didnt look odd that i had one.

Got thru it all, even with drinking alcohol...kept it moderate and changed proactively.

I was worried about this trip for a while because my entire industry is here. I was so worried about a leak or some other embarrassing way of being exposed. Confidence is key. I just kept my focus and made sure to stay on top of regular changes.

Still even though i feel better for getting through this event i have to say this condition really can be such a pain in the ass when you have to stray from your routines.

Im thinking when i travel bext i will pack a number of white kitchen garbage bags to carry in my hand bag when out or to use at the home i visit or hotel.
I discovered a cloth type fitted under sheet at Walmart that i can use over the bed sheet as it is confortable as a bottom sheet and marked for its its cooling quality as my own bottom sheet. Just need to buy a king size or wueen depending on the bed where im staying.
Maybe get two one to was one to use but a leak can be rinsed off and air dried during the day.
This protects the hotel or guest home from any leaks

Has anyone made a request for bed protection when booking a room and if so what was the hotel's response?

jrpoorman said:
No but that’s a great idea. I normally just bring underpads.

@jrpoorman Good tip. I usually wear my Depends Real Fits, but have occasionally put in the request box during online booking asking for bedwetting protection (for a son, too embarrassed to say it is for me). So far most of the time the request is never even noticed or remarked during check in. I got to my room and find a bed with the regular bed non protective bed pad on it.

I've had only a few acknowledgments of my request and of those they were we do not have anything to help out. Though at one there was no comment at check in, but when getting to me room there was bed protection on the bed. So very confidential and accommodating at that hotel.

@Steven1980 Good idea. When traveling thankfully most of the time my pull-ups is dry in the morning and so
I just repack them and take them home to dispose of. However if I do wet disposing of the wet pull-ups is a bit tricky. I don't want to leave it in the room trash can for the housekeeping staff to have to deal with. So I usually bring a few plastic bags from pile Wal-Mart and put it it there then dispose of it in one of the larger trash cans like near the floor's ice machine.