Hey Everyone

Archives1

Staff member
I am concerned we are on the Stressed out season. Many of us with the extra issues of incontinence are not entering " the happiest season of all"

Please reach out to each other on the forum or private message someone.

Let us support each other and be present. Yes that a pun!!

Do not think for a minute you are inadequate not less than because we met here.

Just think of the great people we would all be missing if none of us had met on this forum!!! I have never seen a stronger and more encouraging and uplifting community of people than here!!!

Truthfully, this hit me hard tonight. My brother is visiting with my parents in Florida and I had no way of being there due to doctors appointments. I have not seen him face to face in two years. Now I know that next year I am facing surgery. I have been dealing with a lot of pain since the Botox wore off and truthfully I am in enough pain to almost beg for something anything that would take it away. I am going to take Tylenol because that is all my doctors want me to take but if I can't sleep tonight then I don't know what I can do. I promised myself I would not end up in the hospital before Christmas and with the reports of how full they are I don't know if going makes any sense. I'm going to the bathroom but the spasms and stomach pain are not going away. Truly this sucks and I just hope I can sleep and then get through this.

iti s so important we are their for each other during the holidays.

hope everyone has a merry christmas

Lovely sentiment @Maymay941 and well expressed. It is so often hard not to feel inadequate. We need to remind ourselves that what we go through each day is our burden but not ourselves. We are whole people whatever weight life gives us to bear. Kind of you to remind us!

The one thing I know for sure is we got you here we get you and have your back as you traverse the season full of memories and current stress.

Hi @ThatFlGuy, It's later on Saturday afternoon and I hope you're feeling better and that you've been able to get some rest today. I hope things work out so you can see your brother soon! Hang in there!

@billliveshere

Taking it easy today. Chicken noodle soup and lots of liquids.

I felt like I was starting to have a diverticulitis attack as I was very shaky early this morning (4am bathroom run)

So I am just going to sit and work on my PC as long as I can and enjoy some more Law and Order SVU.. Only got (51 episodes left Not counting what new comes out)

It sounds like you're doing the right thing. No matter what ails you chicken soup is always good and so are the lots of liquids. A bathroom run at 4 a.m. is definitely not a great way to start the day, along with the resulting shakiness.
It's good you can lose yourself in Law and Order!!
Take care and feel better soon!!!

Nay. It's chicken noodle soup AND toasted cheese sandwiches. Remember the "treat" and "cure-all" from childhood? We even got it in bed, if we were sick enough.

Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup with crumbled saltine crackers, Homemade cinnamon toast, hot tea, applesauce, cherry Jello (and finally when on the mend, delicious apples and Mom's homemade chicken and noodles). These worked for tonsillitis, measles - twice, and mumps! It almost made it worthwhile being sick to have those comfort foods. Of course, prepared by Mother and served on a big plate in bed!

FLGuy I hope you find the answer to what's causing your pain. My doctor had me quit taking ibuprofen because of the side effects that I was experiencing and only take Tylenol when my back pain is too much for me. Sometimes the heating pad relieves some pain depending on where the pain is. So many of the pharmaceutical solutions cause more problems than the original issue. Some of the funniest TV ads are the ones that the Pharma companies foist on us. If you listen to what they say about the side effects it's a wonder anybody ever takes the stuff. I recently quit using an eye prescription because of the side effects. I read the paper that comes with the medicine and I was astounded that any doctor would prescribe it. At this point I think I'd rather lose the sight in that eye than to chance continuing to use the drops. My eye doctor has moved out of state and I couldn't get an appointment with a new doctor until March and I felt that a few months wouldn't make that much difference. The glaucoma has been stable for a couple years and that eye has the best vision, and hasn't changed for at least 10 years!

You all are great encouragers. I'm happy to have met you. You have enriched my life.

You had masked TWICE? Are you saying that some illness repeats it's self Ike the current bad word virus does on gasp vaccinated people?!!
Well the wonders of the human body. We're here to tell about it.
You rowdy gang of survivors you.