Hello. I am Mary. New here.

Archives1

Staff member
Hello everyone. I am here just reaching out to see if we can support one another. I am a mom of 4 kids (all grown) I have dealt with some incontinence most my life. Definitely got worse after each child birth. Meds helped a bit at times, though I have decided to avoid medication because of side effects. I currently wear protection and this seems to be most reasonable solution for me. Love to hear from anyone that has tips for how they deal with incontinence. Hugs, Mary Lou

Hello Mary,
I know the daily struggle of having to deal with incontinence. I've dealt with it for 10 years. I've been prescribed a few medications with very little impact on functionality of my bladder. I too use absorbant products to manage that aspect of my health issues.

Hello MaryLou,
Welcome to our little corner of the world! I am a man so have never given birth!, but I have dealt with incontinence for about 30 years now due to a car accident in my 20’s. I don’t think you’ll find a better group of people of all kinds, from all types of backgrounds. Almost all of us arrived here with a unique story but found much commonality within members of this group. One thing you won’t find here is judgement, but you will find you are far from alone!

@MaryLou I've tried oxybutinin and mybertiq. I had a rough experience with oxybutinin. Mybertiq wasn't as much of a roller coaster ride. Mybertiq helped with the sudden urge to urinate but it didn't help in the broader picture.

Thanks for the update. I had similar issues. I am very sensitive to medication and have to be careful as I am already on others for different issues. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Mary Lou

Hi MaryLou,Welcome I deal incontinence most of my life. I have try most meds they didn't work for me. I use Diapers and work well for me. I have a small bladder.

Welcome Mary, glad you are here. Any questions please keep asking. Medications here are Oxybutynin 15mg., Flomax,.04mg. Dutasteride .5 mg. for pain. Frank conversation with my urology people, this is lifelong. wear tape protection, CIC 6 times per day or Foley

@MaryLou

Have you discussed having a Medtronic InterStim implant?

It has worked well for me, but you need to talk to your urologist about it.

Welcome MaryLou. I too am dealing with severe urge incontinence. I am a 60 yo female with three adult children. I feel so nlessed to have found this group. I now realize how many people have similar issues so I don't feel so alone. My issues seem to have gotten worse after having covid. Thankfully I am now retired because I can't even begin to imagine what working 60 hours a week would be like with incontinence. Anyway- welcome and you will find a great group of people here. All the best.

@Boopsie61 I'm only 39 and have been in diapers for almost 10 years. It never gets easier, you just develop a different perspective.

Hi MaryLou! I also am a mom of 4, welcome! And my issues started with my fourth pregnancy. It was like my bladder said, enough is enough, here's what you getting for squishing me too long! Haha. I have urge issues and usually can make it on time while at home and close to a bathroom but out is risky and even a few sips of coffee sets it off. My urologist wanted to prescribe me medication too but I declined when I saw there was a contraindication for taking it while breastfeeding and so I said no thanks! Glad to have another mom to talk to!

Welcome, Mary Lou. I am a 65yo single woman with no kids. I’ve had increasing incontinence for 30 years, after an accident. The doctors said it had no relation to a broken pelvis, but how could it not? I have stress and urge incontinence. Pelvic floor damage has to be a part. They also are sure the incontinence is related to diabetes, but it started before that. I use pull-ups with booster pads and use washable pads and towels on my bed. This is a great group of people!