HDIS

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone tried or used the overnight diaper from HDIS? For a paper backed diaper it really is a good overnight diaper! I got samples of that diaper and the Attends Premier diaper and wow both of them performed really well! I definitely did not expect that prior to receiving!

I was in a bind with my deliver a few months ago and a local medical supply store near me carries the Attends Premiers so I gave them a try and agree that they worked pretty well for me most nights however the tape things seem to move a little so it doesn't stay in place very well. One morning it slid down me when I stood up. But in a pinch I would use again.

HDIS has always been a wonderful supplier and their sample packs they used to create were about the best I’ve ever tried. I haven’t used them for a while since I found Northshore. Wish more companies offered sample packs like they did. They really helped to make better products available and affordable to people who need them for many years. 5 stars from me for a great company and staff. May have to revisit their site and see what’s new.

Unfortunately any disposable is inadequate for me overnight as I mostly sleep on my side. I feel I also save money with my cloth diapers with plastic pants overnight. A few disposables work well for me during the day however.

donny4 said:
Unfortunately any disposable is inadequate for me overnight as I mostly sleep on my side. I feel I also save money with my cloth diapers with plastic pants overnight. A few disposables work well for me during the day however.

I am also a side sleeper but have had really good success with the Northshore Megamax. I've been using them for a year and can count on one hand how many times they have leaked. If you want to get away from the cloth ones and haven't tried these, I'd see if Northshore would send you a sample pack.

jrpoorman said:
HDIS has always been a wonderful supplier and their sample packs they used to create were about the best I’ve ever tried. I haven’t used them for a while since I found Northshore. Wish more companies offered sample packs like they did. They really helped to make better products available and affordable to people who need them for many years. 5 stars from me for a great company and staff. May have to revisit their site and see what’s new.
HDIS was the first company I used to get products sent to me in the mail. I agree about that sample pack deal, It was pretty fantastic as back then for example the Molicares had just came out (in the US at least) and I was able to try those types of products before investing in a whole package or case.

They were a game changer for me as the only option I had prior to that was either buying substandard products from drug stores or hitting up the local medical supply stores. Both were equally embarrassing for me in different ways...The drug stores were usually young cashiers who sometimes would have a smirk on their face when they saw what you were buying. My beet red face probably was a giveaway as to who they were for. When they didnt offer a bag, having to walk past everyone to my car was never fun either.
While the at the home care store store ladies were usually really nice but some could be overly inquisitive in trying to make sure I had the right product. While I appreciated the helpfulness, telling a stranger that I still pee the bed was never a pleasant experience.

By comparison, ordering over the phone made life much easier back then.

If you are a side sleeper and still leak in the front consider getting a couple diaper boosters (doublers) from Northshore and put them across the wings of the brief in the front. It will only work on briefs with a plastic backing so if you are using cloth backed it’s probably not going to work.
Works really well for me at least