Had to get diapers with prints.

Archives1

Staff member
My usual purchase for overnight protection is betterdry, but both XP and LLmedico are sold out in my size. Other places I checked were much more expensive. Based on online reviews I ended up ordering Crinklz in the size I usually order better dry. Apparently they are made by the same company, just with "baby" patterns,

Now I have them and it's a bit weird, as well as presenting some practical issues. So, I'm back to feeling somewhat awkward changing in front of my wife again. She knows why I ordered them, but still I can't help feeling off. I also didn't anticipate the fact they would be so obvious in the the trash can. I'm having to double bag them so the kids won't notice (shared bathroom) and I may have to double bag the whole bag because we take the trash to transfer station and I don't want to have it off the trash men with obvious ABDL diapers showing right through the white bags. Never had to worry with white diapers. They don't look like anything.

In any case, I'm just expressing some frustration with my usual purchase being out of stock, and feeling silly that I'm letting an appearance get to me so much, but at the same time realizing some of the consequences. Just rambling really.

I know what you mean- I found some at a thrift store. I knew they were super absorbent, which is what I look for when I'm away from home and sleeping in someone else's bed- both my sisters live over an hour away, so when I visit, it's quite often for more than one day... any way, they both know about my u.i., but I try to be discreet, and this product makes it a bit more difficult. The problem was that the packages were REALLY inexpensive, so I didn't want to pass them up. I splurged, and was questioned at the cash about what they were, so I said I didn't know why they were decorated that way, and for the next several months, I had a supply of one of the best products on the market. I never had any problem disposing of them, and have since found a retailer that sells the same product without the prints, and I keep them on hand for travelling.

I also am embarrassed when wearing a printed diaper. How ever as Jeffswet mentioned when there is a sale I will suck it up and buy them. Considering the price of a good absorbent diaper I am always looking for good deals. I also agree that some of the ABDL diapers are very good.

@jeffswet @Damp I wish this were at least a case of getting a good deal, but unfortunately they were full price. I was just out of luck with my usual purchase and these were the next best option.

Yes supply issues have been difficult. I will admit printed diapers do make me look obviously like a child (as if wearing a diaper doesn't do that already, haha)but have also found they are great at absorbency and leak protection.

I ordered a case of Betterdry every month. I guess I will be in the same situation because no one seems to have them.

@donny4 Those diapers may make you look like a child. But only if they could make all of us feel like a child. No aches and pains and few worries. Those would be best sellers for sure.

I ended up buying some by Rearz. I actually found them to be fantastic for long use wear. I just keep a few for that. I Worried a bit about people may be noticing but with a reasonable pair of loose pants and a onesie for adults it’s not even noticeable. Typically I’m not in need of something too thick all the time but for those times when you know you can’t change and that you’re going to be away from facilities for a long period of time they’re really a great resource. If anybody wants to discuss this more feel free to send me a private message. Have a wonderful day guys

@msuspartan Can relate - I mainly use printed ones as unfortunately they're often the best products. If anyone close to me ever raises an eyebrow, I just say they're the most absorbent with the best tapes. With plastic pants over the top no one can tell anyway.

Use printed diapers at night to help with stress, anxiety and arthritis pain. They are very absorbent also. Some how they help me relax. I do use the white diapers most of the time as they are cheaper. Most nights are wet nights with dry sheets most of the times. I don’t where printed diapers out in public.

@msuspartan northshore has the better fry in stock!

Also, I use rearz and get the white overnight ones. They work great for sleeping. Dry the whole night!

I have purchased and tried out a few of the printed diapers. Rearz and Crinkles have been the best ones that I tend to use when I have been out with the guys for the night. They have been the best for me on keeping the bed dry and no leaks. That is the only time I use these style diapers. During the day I use Tranquility or Abena L4. The printed diapers don't bother me.

@JWT Same here - since my worsening issues I figure if they do the job the best then that's the most important thing. I think the main question really is why is their such a gulf in quality between companies like Rearz and Tykables and brands like Depends/Tena/Molicare etc? The other issue I've encountered is that often healthcare people just don't get the quality issues. The continence nurse was shocked I was using taped nappies and kept on going on about the absorbency levels of regular pads (i.e. ones you put in regular underwear) even though I told her that those absorbency guides have to be taken with a pinch of salt as I've leaked in anything other than high absorbency, plastic backed products. Plus, being in a wheelchair I really want to avoid leaks as much as possible.

I ran into the same issue and instead of betterdry I am using crinklz. I am not sure why, as they are ostensibly the same diaper, but the crinklz feels more secure and and then top sheet has a different feel. I would almost consider the crinklz superior to betterdry, but for the obvious issue of the prints. It’s bad enough having to worry about one’s diapers being noticed, but to have very obvious childish prints heightens that anxiety.

The other issue, and I am curious if anyone else has experienced this, is that the dyes in the diaper stain my inner thigh… hopefully this will be a onetime order issue

If you are using any kind of barrier cream and it gets on the printed or colored portions of the diaper, the ink they use has a tendency to rub off the diaper and onto clothes or skin. I have had the same issue. When I do a diaper change, I use a wash cloth to clean up the dye that is on the skin. As for dye on the clothes, I haven't had any issues. I hope this helps out with anyone with the issue.

That does answer it! I use a daily barrier on my diaper area and thighs to prevent chafing and rashes. That would explain it if causes a breakdown of the dyes to bleed.

On a separate note, I am beginning to wonder if these diapers are exactly the same as betterdry or not. The plastic feels different to the touch and they seem to perform better as well. I am wondering if it’s just a new run of the machines and betterdry’s next batch will be similar

Curious what prints people get. I like the MegaMax colors but no experience with prints really. Are the all kid prints?