Guys, questions about clothing?

Archives1

Staff member
What are some go-to pants that help to hide things?

One of my biggest issues is I have a lot of great pants but they do not hide anything.

(I have a few PARA brand pants from REI that are like $75 each but are stretching hiking pants but they show everything)

The only thing I have now is one set of shorts that I can get away with anything thicker than an Abena Pul-up so I need some cheap options to be able to wear out.

due to the condition with my legs needing to be wrapped daily, I find it best to wear track pants or wind pants and tear away pants they help cover the diapers, and since I wear plastic-backed diapers the wind pants conceal any crinkle sounds

ThatFLGuy:
I wear one size "too large" Wrangler relaxed fit Cargo shorts and long pants in "Camo" color. The various pockets and camo pattern really hide any evidence of a diaper or even wetness. The looser fit also makes them quite comfortable down here in hot and humid Florida. The various pockets also give me places to store a few Male Guard pads. I've bought mine through WalMart and the price is in the $20 range.

I wear a lot of cargo pants as well. My favorites are Wrangler Riggs Workwear (though not the "Advanced Comfort" ones), which are made with a very heavy fabric that I find hides things very well, though they're a bit pricey at around $40 on Amazon.

As Padded53 mentioned, camo helps a lot with hiding things. Extra features - cargo pockets, carpenter pants with loops for hammers, anything really that breaks up the smooth outline of the pants will help with concealment. I dread appointments where they ask me to show up in sweatpants (physical therapists and orthopedists often request this) because there's nothing to break up the outline, and I feel like I might as well be advertising what I'm wearing underneath.

Guys, it is the same for women. I usually wear Soma pajama bottoms with a really long t-shirt. Not great, but it is comfortable. Since I'm basically retired, I hardly leave the house. But I do wear this for doc appointments.

Jeans do a fantastic job of smoothing out any diaper bulk or lines etc. I also always wear an adult onesie and that really works great for keep thing close to you, cutting down crinkling and prevents leaks

Just relaxed fit jeans work for me in concealing pull-ups. It's a looser, more comfy fit than say skinny jeans for sure!!!And that's all I really need!

It has been an adjustment from nice fitted cloths, in light colors, to more loosely fitting, darker pants. It’s hard to find balance be there being discrete and wearing the most effective product. Ive been very self conscious that pull up diapers I’m wearing are noticeable to all, but it is still preferable to having an accident. And, i’ve decided that if someone does ask or mention that i will be candid and tell them my condition and not deny what i need to do to manage on a daily basis. It’s definitely an adjustment.

So my big issue is that I have not bought a pair of jeans since 2013
(I have bought hiking pants but they are made out of stretchy fabric and show everything)

When I bought pants last I was doing an internship with a church here in Pa. that was around the youth rodeos so tight cowboy cut jeans were what I bought. The issue for me is not the size of the jeans I already have. It is because they is no extra room in the crotch of the jeans. (Cowboy pants are called nut huggers for a reason).

So the only pair of pants I have that are not like that are from my time at college again in 2013.

(Yea I wear pants until they fall apart, I hate new pants)

So I guess I have to just get some pants that fit with what I need to wear.

I echo the cargo pants and camo. I have 2 pairs of carhartt work shorts and a pair of camo shorts that I rock and rotate. I’ve awlways been a baggy pants kinda person (not hanging off my butt though) so ordering one size up is what I would do anyway. I also second the onsie/bodysuit. I have a couple tank ones that I wear under T-shirts’ and some T-shirt ones that I wear under long sleeve/button down shirts/polos. I didn’t like the bodysuits that Northshore sells (I found them too hard to snap at the crotch) so I get mine on eBay.

I pick up a pair of dickies cargo shorts and carpenter pants in a size bigger than I need now. I don't like tight waist paints so I always have a bit of room but now I need extra room. Ratter a tight belt that tight pants.

I wear Wrangler relax fit from Walmart and also buy Wrangler shorts, some of them are camo. I also wear a belt with them to help from showing my pullup or plumbers crack. I also have 2 pairs of Duluth Trading Company pants that seem to be well made, these are too expensive for me to use for everyday use.